aberdeen-music

What Is Your Job/what Are Your Working Hours?

Little Green

if i only work 3 days at 15 hours then i'm giving myself more free time less early nights. the days i work it'd be up work home bed rinse repeat 3 days then home bed on the 3rd day and boom free for 4 days.

4 days baby. 4 days!!!! :D

You'll need a day to recover from a 15-hour shift (or at least a very long lie) so really probably two or three days off. ;)

I work at a popular chain of convenience stores for 18 hours a week because student.

i dont want to go offshore i have extra curricular evening activities i dont want to give up.

Welcome to life. I don't want to give up my extracurricular activities either, but finding a compromise is necessary sometimes.

For example, I'm stuck in Azerbaijan just now and - consequently - my band Bisongrass had to play the Fudge Awards without me. I didn't want to give that up but tough shit, work is work. I wouldn't get paid the same and do the hours etc. working in a shop or suchlike. Just the way it is. :)

• Upvote 3

Teacher. Right now, I'm working part-time, doing something similar to Paranoid Android. I work 7.30-7.30 Saturdays (with like a 4 hour lunch) and 7-30-5 Sundays. And a handful of hours at a primary school during the week,

Throughout most of my short "career". I've worked in days schools: from early morning - 7 or 8, sometimes 9ish - to 4pm-ish, with a minimum of 2 hours lunch break, 6 days a week (with at least 2 half days a week...). Only about 20-25 hours a week, but that's actual classroom teaching time. I've always been paid (a hefty, for the country) hourly rate, and have been expected to to lesson planning, marking etc. unpaid (this has ranged between almost nothing at all to several hours; though my first contract stated I was expected to double my teaching hours in unpaid prep. hours... that didn't happen).

Someone mentioned wanting to do 3 long days a week, and have 4 days off... so yeah, maybe teaching ESL in the developing world...

• 2 weeks later...

9.30am till at least 6pm - Monday to Saturday.

I like my work - I am a self employed - never had a boss so can't negotiate shorter hours :love:

UPDATE

Have decided that time has caught up with me after years of burning the candle at both ends and often in the middle too.

Details at this link:

http://www.knightsaberdeen.com

• Upvote 2

UPDATE

Have decided that time has caught up with me after years of burning the candle at both ends and often in the middle too.

Details at this link:

http://www.knightsaberdeen.com

Dammit!

I was planning on breaking my laptop on purpose when i'm back home this summer just so I could go in for a stalk. Looks like I won't make it in time.

All the best

• 4 weeks later...

Rig mechanic in the North Sea. 2 weeks on/3 weeks off. 6am-6pm when away. It's mental.

Whats mental? the 7AM tea while the permits are being written? The 10AM tea with the bacon rolls? The 12PM-1PM tea while watching cash in the attic? The 3PM tea with the cakes? The 5PM dinner?

I agree, that's a mental amount of tea to drink. (I'm being facetious)

• Upvote 2

Whats mental? the 7AM tea while the permits are being written? The 10AM tea with the bacon rolls? The 12PM-1PM tea while watching cash in the attic? The 3PM tea with the cakes? The 5PM dinner?

I agree, that's a mental amount of tea to drink. (I'm being facetious)

Pfshh, part timer.