aberdeen-music

Web Site Upgraded!

Neil

The no notifications for pos/neg rep or for quoting is kinda wack. Or am I missing something?

No, I'm afraid there is no option for this at present. All your notification settings can be found on this page: http://www.aberdeen-music.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

I'll maybe limit the Display Name changes to 1 a month thinking about it.

Find some for me and I'll be happy to add them to the site. :)

I had nothing special in mind but I was expecting the change to bring the normal IPBoard ones. http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/3865-default-emoticons/

I'm used to them from another site and always preferred them to the ones here. Mostly because the angry face one looks less serious.

Some further tweaks made today:

• Members can now store up to 100 PMs (was 50 previously). Supporters and sponsors continue to have unlimited PM capacity.
  • For those allowed signatures (staff, sponsors, supporters) the following limits are now in place:
    • Max of 1 image in signature with no image larger in dimension of 600px in width and 150px in height.
    • No more than 6 links in a signature.
    • Signature cannot have more than 25 lines.
  • For those allowed to change their Display Name (sponsors and supporters) it can now only be changed once every 30 days.

I'll look into adding/changing the smilies as well.

Overall I really like the new layout but I do have one gripe. What I liked about the old setup is that I could "watch" the most-used threads (LOL Pics, pet hates etc) and get alerts when they were updated. The new layout seems to only email me when my sub'd threads are updated - I don't like this. I don't want emails I just want my alerts/notifications thing to flash when watched threads are updated, or when I'm quoted, like the old system.

Is there a way to make this happen?

xx

• Upvote 1

Overall I really like the new layout but I do have one gripe. What I liked about the old setup is that I could "watch" the most-used threads (LOL Pics, pet hates etc) and get alerts when they were updated. The new layout seems to only email me when my sub'd threads are updated - I don't like this. I don't want emails I just want my alerts/notifications thing to flash when watched threads are updated, or when I'm quoted, like the old system.

Is there a way to make this happen?

xx

Click your name top right, then 'My Settings' and go to 'Notification Options' - you can select either a notification or an email (or both)

Although I consider myself a political nihilist, I have found myself increasingly appreciative of a lot of what Dave has had to say regarding the Scottish independence issue, and whilst I do not wish to actively participate in the thread per se, it'd be nice to show my appreciation of some of Dave's posts on the thread, without having to quote and type out my appreciation and waste space.

Can it be possible to introduce a means of repping posts by staff? Not just for that particular topic, but so we can express appreciation or disdain for other staff posts too.