aberdeen-music

Web Site Upgraded!

Neil

Why does the site now default to the Home section of the New Content page when i click on it rather than what it had been doing up until now which was default to the Forum section of Content i haven't read section? It's the little things.

Edited by Alkaline
  • Upvote 1

I've never liked the name changing option. Sure, it's fun to mix things up every once in a while - you have the same name for a while, it gets boring so you change it. i get it. But ...are you really the same person afterwards? The , the frivolous abandon of Idol Wild, the acerbic wit of Original Spies or the endearing naivity of John W... all these things laid to rest when the name is retired. who are these new strange people they become? Like new kids in school, they must gain our trust to become accepted. A part of their Internet soul evaporates on the day they change their name

• Upvote 5

I dont think the site ever recovered from the abandonment of Idol_Wild as a user name. Who was original spies again was that soda?

See i have no idea who these people are, even tho they still all post on here!

I think we lost John W forever, even tho he still posts, he has never been the same since he changed.

I dont think the site ever recovered from the abandonment of Idol_Wild as a user name. Who was original spies again was that soda?

See i have no idea who these people are, even tho they still all post on here!

I think we lost John W forever, even tho he still posts, he has never been the same since he changed.

He's basically a less active, mini Dave.

Original Spies was Soda. But that's before my time.

Aye but isn't it 3 times a month you can do it now? And you could do it on the sly too now.

Correct. There are limits which is you can only change your name 3 times in any one month and the history of changes is public. It goes without saying you can't change your name to someone else's. However, happy to disable this if people don't think it's adding any value. Further feedback welcome.

Correct. There are limits which is you can only change your name 3 times in any one month and the history of changes is public. It goes without saying you can't change your name to someone else's. However, happy to disable this if people don't think it's adding any value. Further feedback welcome.

I would say being able to change the title, but limited, would be better than username. 

I'm having issues with the 'View New Content' button when on the forum homepage. It always suggests that there is no new content to view, despite it being evident that posts have been made since my last visit.

However, the 'New Content' button works as it should if I'm in a thread and then proceed to click it.

I'm having issues with the 'View New Content' button when on the forum homepage. It always suggests that there is no new content to view, despite it being evident that posts have been made since my last visit.

However, the 'New Content' button works as it should if I'm in a thread and then proceed to click it.

click 'forums' on the left menu when it says that, should solve it. 

• Upvote 1