aberdeen-music

Web Site Upgraded!

Neil

I think Old Timer, Well Known etc relates to volume of posts (although possibly date of registration...).

Dots are how many people you've killed (says Lucky...but more likely to be your rep).

What friendly point things are you talking about?

It will be number of posts. If it was longevity alone I'd be a legend.

I think Old Timer, Well Known etc relates to volume of posts (although possibly date of registration...).

Dots are how many people you've killed (says Lucky...but more likely to be your rep).

What friendly point things are you talking about?

Correct, Old Timer, Well Known etc are ranks and vary depending on your total number of points. The dots likewise. The more dots - the more posts. If you've got 6 dots then you're doing very well indeed.

Similarly there are reputation point totals (that can be positive or negative). I need to create some graphics for these though still.

You should be seeing the up and down reputation vote buttons on all posts now (except on your own posts and those made by Staff and myself).

Correct, Old Timer, Well Known etc are ranks and vary depending on your total number of points. The dots likewise. The more dots - the more posts. If you've got 6 dots then you're doing very well indeed.

Similarly there are reputation point totals (that can be positive or negative). I need to create some graphics for these though still.

You should be seeing the up and down reputation vote buttons on all posts now (except on your own posts and those made by Staff and myself).

we should be able to unlimitedly neg rep lucky. He's always killing my buzz, man.

Cool, all sounds good. Is there a way to turn on notifications for when someone reps me (up or down)?

Oh, why wasn't @tagging or even #hashtagging made available on the new site? Seemed like a nice idea, especially the @tagging one where you could tag a member. @Neil?

I do like the idea of being able to tag someone, or use hashtags to categorise a post... can we have this, pretty please?

• Upvote 1

Oh, why wasn't @tagging or even #hashtagging made available on the new site? Seemed like a nice idea, especially the @tagging one where you could tag a member. @Neil?

This forum software does support the tagging of threads (i.e. associating a thread/topic with keywords) but I've disabled this as it was openly abused the last time we had this functionality. I understand what you're asking for with the Facebook like @name idea for posts and I think it's a great idea, but the software doesn't currently have this feature. I'll do some research though and see what options are out there.