aberdeen-music
Neil

Web Site Upgraded!

So, is there a like/reputation system? This is vital for showing people that you enjoy the funny picture that they have posted.

It looks like we can vote posts both up and down. Oh shit...

Also, I clicked on this thread and it took me to first post, not last read....

• Downvote 5

Not letting me edit my posts.

It won't after 5 minutes of the initial post. Although I seem to recall we increased this previously but I can't remember to what. Any suggestions? I don't want to allow people to be able to edit their own posts indefinitely.

Yup, you can up vote and down vote posts. This is the new reputation system. There is a link to the highest reputation content on the forum home page I believe.

One wee gripe I have is that it says 'members', 'supporters' and 'Administrators' under our avatars. Should it not just say member without the s?

You are going to get destroyed with negative feedback...

• Upvote 3

You are going to get destroyed with negative feedback...

that post up there got -1. I have no idea why...

I mean, if I post a crotchshot or something, fair deal. But that was a pretty harmless post. You bastards.

Edited by JakeBassist
  • Downvote 2

Where are these voting buttons? I think that I am missing something really obvious.

It's green and red arrows on the bottom left of the post. 

I mean, just the green. The red doesn't do anything.

• Downvote 4

Where are these voting buttons? I think that I am missing something really obvious.

The green/red buttons with arrows in the bottom right of each post, above the signature?  They don't appear on your own posts.

Green and red arrows in the bottom right corner of a post (before the signature)

At the bottom right hand corner, above a member signature there is two wee buttons for up and down.

Downvoted because you can't tell left from right

Hold on, we have a problem. I could bad rep Jake's post before my supporter status was given back to me, but now I'm a 'supporter' again (see Jan's other thread) I can't seem to rep anything?

The other left.

• Upvote 1

Hold on, we have a problem. I could bad rep Jake's post before my supporter status was given back to me, but now I'm a 'supporter' again (see Jan's other thread) I can't seem to rep anything?

Thanks, this should be fixed now as well.

Please note that only a maximum of 10 "up" votes and "1" down vote can be made in any 24 hour period by a user.

Thanks, this should be fixed now as well.

Please note that only a maximum of 10 "up" votes and "1" down vote can be made in any 24 hour period by a user.

I'm not a supporter anymore? 

Gutted by the 24 hour limitation on the down votes, imagine Jake's rep after 24 hours if down votes could be dished out at will! 

Gutted by the 24 hour limitation on the down votes, imagine Jake's rep after 24 hours if down votes could be dished out at will! 

I'd be infamous. And if I was going to get neg repped anyway, the amount of shit I post would rise. Are you willing to go down this road? DO YOU HAVE THE BALLS!?

• Downvote 2

Sorry, fixed now.

cheers!

EDIT: I still don't know how to change my wee thing above my picture. Is that my display name?

Edited by JakeBassist
  • Upvote 1