aberdeen-music

Web Site Upgraded!

Neil

I'm afraid so. You can block/ignore them again though.

If people quote blocked users, you can read the blocked user's post. I am finding this irritating for two reasons:

1. The stupidity/attention seeking of poster(s).

2. Only getting half of a conversation.

Is this something that can be resolved?

If people quote blocked users, you can read the blocked user's post. I am finding this irritating for two reasons:

1. The stupidity/attention seeking of poster(s).

2. Only getting half of a conversation.

Is this something that can be resolved?

In short, no this can't be resolved. This is always going to be a possibility if you block some users.

I've noticed some quotes appearing where the username being quoted is absent.

Is this because people is dickhead and are deleting the wee box with the username and datestamp when they quote or something else entirely....?

xx

EDIT: I tried quoting Jan and deleting his name but it automatically reappeared when I posted. Maybe this problem has already been solved, or something. I R CONFYOOZD.

Edited by Stroopy121

• 1 month later...

hi, the events look a bit crap now.  any chance of getting the map function back and the venue in the title again?  

Not any time soon unfortunately and people should be putting the venue in the title anyway as a matter of course. Or at the very least, in the body of the event.

Not any time soon unfortunately and people should be putting the venue in the title anyway as a matter of course. Or at the very least, in the body of the event.

well, the last forum put the location in for you in the title so maybe people got out of the habit.  is the map function not supported on the new forum?

well, the last forum put the location in for you in the title so maybe people got out of the habit.  is the map function not supported on the new forum?

No, it's not supported. And it wasn't on the old forums either (it was a third-party addon that added that feature).

The Soundcloud link embedding was improved recently but unfortunately it looks like it has reduced any originally posted Soundcloud links to just that - links. They can be manually edited and re-posted though. I've manually edited the link in your signature and that seems to have fixed it (you just copy and paste the Soundcloud link back in to fix).

No, it's not supported. And it wasn't on the old forums either (it was a third-party addon that added that feature).

The Soundcloud link embedding was improved recently but unfortunately it looks like it has reduced any originally posted Soundcloud links to just that - links. They can be manually edited and re-posted though. I've manually edited the link in your signature and that seems to have fixed it (you just copy and paste the Soundcloud link back in to fix).

ah, cheers!