aberdeen-music

Web Site Upgraded!

Neil

All,

After two attempts and many hours of upgrading the new aberdeen-music web site is now open! Please take a look around and let me know either by reply to this post below or by messaging me privately of any problems you may find or any other feedback you may have. I am expecting there to be a few teething problems as I have only had a limited amount of time to test the new web site so far.

I am also taking the opportunity to "tidy up" the web site somewhat and the following changes have been / will be made:

• The Local Bands Forums have all been merged into a single forum.
  • Users with 0 posts and that have not logged into the web site within the last two years will have their accounts deleted. They are of course welcome to re-register.
  • The hundreds of banned users for spamming will also be deleted over the next few days.
  • The Supporters scheme will be further enhanced but the price will remain at £2 a month.
  • Unfortunately the calendar entries could not be migrated from the old web site and so the Events calendar is currently empty. Like before, new posts in the Gigs & Events forum will automatically be added to the calendar and sop hopefully it won't take long to be populated again.

Please note that the list above will be revised over the coming days so please keep checking back.

Have fun!

I tried linking my FB and Twitters to my profile.

FB worked fine but Twitter doesn't seem to work.  It comes up with this message:

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Other than I like it, good work!

Is there a mark all forums read button/option, i don't wan't fuckloads of things i'm not interested in clogging up my screen. If so, where is it?

Site looks pretty good though, nice work.

Found it, must be getting blind in my legendary years...

Also, what's the most accurate option for getting to the last unread post on a thread as I keep getting bunged back to shit from ages ago :(

It didn't work for me either to start with, but it works fine on newer threads (i.e. ones I've viewed post-upgrade).

Yep, unfortunately it appears what couldn't be migrated from the old web site is the record of which posts you have already read in any given thread. However, going forward the system should remember which posts you've read and which ones you haven't.