aberdeen-music

Your Music Collections

Jaaakkkeee

Not a massive list of your music. I'm on about that band(s) that you went a little bit above and beyond just owning the albums. Maybe the ones you sat on ebay for hours until you ended up spending far too much on one of their first cds. Anyone else as sad as me?

The band I did it for was Enter Shikari.

Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour EP

Sorry You're Not A Winner EP

Mothership Promo

SYNAW/OK Time For Plan B CD & 7"

Take To The Skies CD/DVD, CD & 12"

Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour CD, remix promo, 7" & Signed 7"

Jonny Sniper CD, remix promo, 7" & Condom

The Zone EP (w/ 2 tracks that weren't meant to be there) & 8 track promo

We Can Breathe In Space CD, 7" & remix 7"

Juggernauts CD, 7" & remix 7"

Common Dreads CD/DVD, Bootleg Vol. 1 & 12"

No Sleep Tonight CD, 7" & Condom

Wall Promo

Tribalism Box Set (w/ Bootleg Vol. 2)

Thumper Promo

Destabilise 7" & Promo

Quelle Surprise 7" & Promo

Live From Planet Earth Boxset (Bootlegs 3 & 3.1)

Sssnakepit 7" & Promo

A Flash Flood Of Colour CD/DVD, White 12" & Blue 12"

Warm Smiles Do Not Make You Welcome Here Blue 7"

Live In London 12" & DVD (Bootleg Vol. 4)

I also have a The Qemists promo featuring Enter Shikari, a few t-shirts, a totebag, a mug, a hat, badges, stickers, tickets, postcards and a massive boner.

I might take a picture today as I'm away to add the Live In London to the big box where it all gathers dust.

For me it has to be The Get Up Kids. When I was about 15/16 I heard one of their songs on a free Kerrang! CD and was hooked.

Got a few cool 7"s of theirs over the years and I have one of their gig posters signed and framed on my wall.

I rarely listen to them these days but still revisit STWHA every now and then.

Also, I got an Enter Shikari promo at TITP one year, if I can find it you can have it. Seeing as you're such a big fan.

• Upvote 1

I've got an obsession with Cocteau Twins. I've only got a handful of singles but I own all the E.P's and albums. Even the Christmas E.P which has the best version of Frosty the Snowman ever on it. I paid 45 quid for two songs... What's worse is that I got a great deal on it, shortly after I picked it up there was a copy floating about on ebay for a hundred pounds! £100 for a two song Christmas E.P! It's crazy rare, it was only on sale for 1 day or something when it was released so I'm glad I picked it up when I had the chance. It was also available in limited edition red vinyl although I've never seen one for sale and I've only heard of a few people mentioning they own it.

I've got an obsession with Cocteau Twins. I've only got a handful of singles but I own all the E.P's and albums. Even the Christmas E.P which has the best version of Frosty the Snowman ever on it. I paid 45 quid for two songs... What's worse is that I got a great deal on it, shortly after I picked it up there was a copy floating about on ebay for a hundred pounds! £100 for a two song Christmas E.P! It's crazy rare, it was only on sale for 1 day or something when it was released so I'm glad I picked it up when I had the chance. It was also available in limited edition red vinyl although I've never seen one for sale and I've only heard of a few people mentioning they own it.

I bidded on Enter Shikari's first EP (Nodding Acquaintance) for £90, I then lost. Was gutted. Found out was fake. Wasn't so gutted no more.

I did spend 20 on that 1 track promo which was from 2006. So nae even old.

I bidded on Enter Shikari's first EP (Nodding Acquaintance) for £90, I then lost. Was gutted. Found out was fake. Wasn't so gutted no more.

I did spend 20 on that 1 track promo which was from 2006. So nae even old.

I'm pretty sure I got a Nodding acquaintance e.p. Does it have Score 22 and Frozen 'insert the word I can't remmber' on it too?

I got one but I don't know if I still own it. I'll have to raid through the CD box at some point tomorrow.

thank you. It's everything to me to get that.

I'm also keeping a beady eye on ebay for some imports (vinyls that are just different colours) and some promos. Enter Shikari fans are mental though, always bid too much. My collection could easily go for hunners.

I remember buying an Enter Shikari finger led light for my ex. £14 pounds for a small light. Those guys must of raked it in when Mothership and that came out.

I remember a flat mate of mine getting the Johnny Sniper thing with condoms in it too. Enter Shakari have put some god awful merch out.

Is that an Enter Shikari mug underneath the cloth shopping bag?

loads of bands to tote bags now. Black Lake have them too.

'Tote' bags? TOTE BAGS? Why does a fan of your music require a tote bag with a band name on it. Crazy bullshit. A bag is there to be used. Carry stuff about. Yours probably sits on a shelf all day begging to be filled with groceries and other items too awkward to be carried with hands. TOTE BAGS?

I remember buying an Enter Shikari finger led light for my ex. £14 pounds for a small light. Those guys must of raked it in when Mothership and that came out.

I remember a flat mate of mine getting the Johnny Sniper thing with condoms in it too. Enter Shakari have put some god awful merch out.

Is that an Enter Shikari mug underneath the cloth shopping bag?

Yeah it's a mug. As you can see too I have both condoms. One for Jonny Sniper and one for No Sleep Tonight. So you get the connection to condoms with those song titles. They also have a different mug and a different tote, which I aim to get at some point. I never did get LED finger lights so I'm a little gutted at that. They pop up on ebay now and again though. More interested in the cds and vinyls though. Took me far too long to get those remix promos.

'Tote' bags? TOTE BAGS? Why does a fan of your music require a tote bag with a band name on it. Crazy bullshit. A bag is there to be used. Carry stuff about. Yours probably sits on a shelf all day begging to be filled with groceries and other items too awkward to be carried with hands. TOTE BAGS?

You're right. Although Now I just smashed all my Enter Shikari collection in to it. Including the mug.

Worth it though. Have a look on discogs, ebay. And there's another site I used but canna mind. Is there a cocteau twins forum?

Yeah there is a forum, I've got an account but not used it in a long while. I remember they don't take kindly to folk turning up and asking for people to sell them stuff.

Yeah there is a forum, I've got an account but not used it in a long while. I remember they don't take kindly to folk turning up and asking for people to sell them stuff.

that's a bit shit. The Enter Shikari "Lions" are much nicer. You go and ask, if no one sells they point you in the right direction. No one likes a rip off though.

OH. I've also got a topman jacket that was discontinued. I got it off ebay after Rou wore the same one in the Anything Can Happen... video. The ACTUAL one he wore was signed and sold for £1000 that went to a charity that helps get rid of sweatshops (very anti-topman lol). It then popped up in a free competition.

Less Than Jake.

I have way too much Less Than Jake stuff. I can't stand ska-punk, but they were my first love, and I still proper love them now. Aside from the toot-too-parp-parp stuff, they write belting pop songs. Lyrically one of the better pop punk bands too.

I started collecting back in the days before I could even get an ebay account, and the official LTJ website had a trade-list full of collector nerds. I spent all my paper round £ on Less Than Jake shite.

Did you know Less Than Jake did a split 7" with Megadeth? Well, you do now. They did.

3242_1401694451760.jpg

They also did a 2 song 7" of Slayer covers. It's possibly one of the worst records I own, and have ever owned:

DSCF9363-1024x768.jpg

Less Than jake had quite a knack for releasing really shite and pointless records outside of their usual LPs, this is fucking awful, but incredibly rare. I listened to it once. It's infinitely better than the Slayer 7" but still, it's shite:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9WB_pFajiDNnSlUV43LWaTXwErZN744iq2cJ1hZJXsW_s8gZx0zyI0JOC

I'm not going to list everything I have, because I can't be bothered, but some of my favourite LTJ releases are the utterly ridiculous packages, like the 7x7" pie tin. 7 singles in a ruddybloody PIE TIN!

180249337640.jpg

And the Rock n Roll Pizzeria Pizza Box (mine looks a bit tattier than this, as it's moved house a few times:

140044939855.jpg

The 'We're Not Gonna Take It/Cheez' single looks like a piece of cheese:

4644779587_dff08c0652_z.jpg

Less Than Jake also release pointless merch. It's fucking crap, but I need it, because it says Less Than Jake on it. I have both of these. It's a boy, holding a Pez dispenser with his own head on it, obviously. One glows in the dark, for when you can't see the non-glow in the dark one.

16160_original.jpg

And this:

BoneDaddy-o-LessThanJake.jpg

And obviously I bought the T-shirt, 4x7", glow in the dark toy and cereal set. Why? I don't even know:

250979571216.jpg

Collecting band merch is a disease, though I haven't bought any LTJ merch for a couple of years. I gave it up. I have enough. I don't need band cereal or records in a pizza box.

• Upvote 3

I just added another Enter Shikari 12" and another promo to my basket on discogs. I'm also looking on ebay quite a lot. Getting that new record yesterday has ended me. I'm back to the old days of bidding £50 on a cd that has 4 tracks.

So looks like I'll be buying 2 promos and 2 vinyls. That leaves only an import (that I'm not too worried about), the pink version of their new lp and their first ep and that's me. Ready to die. If any of you would like to see me dead, buy me gifts.

Edit: And as I don't drink, I'll probably end up buying an empty beer bottle at some point as they had their own beer made.

Edited by JakeBassist