aberdeen-music

Wrestling Thread

Lemonade

• 2 months later...

Wrestlemania predictions anyone?

Wade Barrett © vs. The Miz Singles match for the Intercontinental Championship

Barret retains.

Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay & Tensai) and The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow) and The Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki Bella)

Clay & Tensai over. One of the lassies gets the pin.

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango

My heart says Jericho but my head says Fandango. After all the months they've spent building up his character it would be fucking stupid for him to lose his first match.

Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) vs. Triple H (w/ Shawn Michaels) No Holds Barred match; if Triple H loses, he must retire.

Triple H to win. I don't think he's ready to retire just yet, and it makes storyline sense since he needs revenge for Lesnar breaking his arm.

Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) © vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (w/ AJ Lee) Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship

Tough one to call, but I'm gonna say Kane & Bryan, since I think Dolph might be moving up to bigger and better things tonight...

Ryback vs. Mark Henry Singles match

Ryback.

Sheamus, Randy Orton & Big Show vs. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) Six-man tag team match.

The Shield to win, with dissension in the other team. Possibly even a hint of a Sheamus or Orton heel turn....

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk (w/ Paul Heyman) Singles match

Undertaker.

Alberto Del Rio (w/ Ricardo Rodriguez) © vs. Jack Swagger (w/ Zeb Colter) Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Alberto to win, Swagger and Colter attack him after the match and Dolph cashes in on him.

The Rock © vs. John Cena Singles match for the WWE Championship.

I say Cena wins, possibly by cheating and starting a heel turn....

WM 18 is a classic. DDP nailing Christian with the Diamond cutter, Ric Flair getting the shit tombstoned out of him after Big Arn Anderson dished oot a spine buster on taker, Stephanie Mcmahon getting a pedigree and Scott Hall getting stunnered twice. That also must of been the last Wrestlemania before all the roster splits and that too.

Wrestlemania was fairly meh. I liked Punk-Taker and the tag team matches, but it felt like 3 and half hours of video packages for Rock-Cena which I didn't even bother watching. You should watch this week's Raw though, it was pretty amazing. The crowd just trolled the boring wrestlers to the point where HHH pussied out of even coming out. And they did better versions of a bunch of the Wrestlemania matches.

I caught an episode of Raw a few weeks ago and was severly underwhelmed. No real action and none of the wrestlers seemed to have charisma. Storylines are weak and it seems you are now either a main eventer or a jobber. The midcard seems to have totally vanished. They seem to be carrying a lot of dead weight in the roster. I think the Sport Entertainment angle the WWE have gone for since buying out WCW has grown fairly stagnant. It lacks the excitment and anything can happen ideals that defined the attitude era. If the sport entertainment thing is going to stick around they need to make it a lot more serious like Ring of Honor.

They won't. The reason they do keep it 'family orientated' or try to is because of sponsors and advertisement. They have said that is the reason numerous times. They don't need to swear or do anything violent to make it good. So i'm happy enough for it stay as it is. Raw was absolutely crazy, obviously that's what happens when you fill an arena full of drunk Europeans.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That WWE Network sounds amazing. 9.99 a month for all 12 pay per views live, Raw and Smackdown every week (on delay), all past WWE, WCW and ECW pay per views to stream whenever you want, new original programming, plus 1500 hours of back episodes of Raw and Smackdown etc. Basically Netflix but with nothing but WWE on it. And you can get it on XBox. I am definitely signing up to this.

That WWE Network sounds amazing. 9.99 a month for all 12 pay per views live, Raw and Smackdown every week (on delay), all past WWE, WCW and ECW pay per views to stream whenever you want, new original programming, plus 1500 hours of back episodes of Raw and Smackdown etc. Basically Netflix but with nothing but WWE on it. And you can get it on XBox. I am definitely signing up to this.

I stopped watching wrestling and don't intend to go back.  But that actually sounds alright. The price of a spotify subscription for all the suplexes you could ever want.

I stopped watching wrestling and don't intend to go back. But that actually sounds alright. The price of a spotify subscription for all the suplexes you could ever want.

For the US where it costs 40 quid a pay per view that's an incredible saving. In the UK not so much, they're only 20ish here and a lot of them are free (tho you do need a Sky Sports subscription). Worth it to access all the back content though. WWE has a vast library, all the weekly WWE programming going back to the 70s plus all the WCW, ECW, AWA and all the other companies they bought out. Plus all the PPVs and and all their DVD releases etc. Mental. They'll never get all of that online but 1500 hours is probably ample.

Worth it for the EC Dub tapes alone!

You can get it on xbox you say?

Day off tomorrow sorted!

Hate to poop on your picnic but it doesn't launch until late February in the US and late in the year for UK. Presumably it'll be accessible via DNS proxies like US Netflix. Will be interested to see how Sky react to WWE making the PPVs available directly through them, will definitely take a revenue stream away from Sky.