aberdeen-music

Wrestling Thread

Lemonade

Shit is that this weekend?! Hmmm going to need to figure out a way to watch that and make work on monday.

I know Polish Sky is probably different to ours, but do you know if its only on payperview?

Sky Box Office I think. There are other options of course...... though I find streaming usually unreliable and loads of dicks try to put their own decals on it and stuff as though they're some pirate TV station and not just a dick with a webcam pointed at their TV.

Guest Bob Knob

Rock v Punk?

Punk due to interference from Brock Lesnar.

Del Rio v Big Show?

Del Rio.

Team Hell No v Rhodes Scholars?

Rhodes Scholars.

Suprise returns?

X-Pac, Billy Gunn, MVP, Ric Flair.

Royal Rumble Winner?

John Cena.

Rock v Punk?

Punk due to interference from Brock Lesnar.

That's a good shout. I already said on Facebook there'll probably be interference frm The Shield, Brad Maddox and Paul Heyman, but I forgot Lesnar is also a "Paul Heyman Guy".

Suprise returns?

X-Pac, Billy Gunn, MVP, Ric Flair.

I heard Shelton Benjamin. That would be awesome. Ain't no stoppin me now! Also John Morrison allegedly.

Well i got round to watching the Royal Rumble tonight, well worth it! Didnt watch much of the first few matches, kinda knew Big Show would lose tho, the tag team match was ok. The rumble itself was decent like, amazing seeing the Godfather, even if he did go out right away, he must be about 60 now tho! Bret Hart looks super old as well. Cena was always my bet to win it, it will make a decent Wrestle Mania. The Rock vs Cm Punk was great, full of the old WWF drama, and i just saw my first Peoples Elbow in about 13 years! So happy all round.

I thought it was a good show, but way too predictable. The Rumble winner and the WWE Championship matches were pretty much a given, since WWE released the press pack for Wrestlemania 2 weeks ago with "The Rock vs John Cena for the WWE Championship" advertised as the main event. I really enjoyed Del Rio v Big Show, thought Punk v Rock was lacklustre and Punk's year-long title reign being ended by the People's Elbow just pissed me off. It's not even a finishing move! Made Punk look weak IMO.

Its the single best finishing move in the WWE, even to this day. I loved it! I actually thought they were going to have him lose for a minute before Vince came out. I can only think of one  instance when the peoples elbow has not finished someone off.

P.S why cant i give you bad rep for that post??

Edited by MilnerD

Its the single best finishing move in the WWE, even to this day. I loved it! I actually thought they were going to have him lose for a minute before Vince came out. I can only think of one instance when the peoples elbow has not finished someone off.

P.S why cant i give you bad rep for that post??

It's at least normally preceeded by the Rock Bottom, which wears them down, then the People's Elbow just finishes the job. Punk was in total control, then Rock just hit one shitty spinebuster and then the elbow. Should have taken a lot more than that to finish off a relatively fresh Punk.

Haha yeah that was a total fail moment, they did ok to recover it. Do you think he will retain it against Cena at wrestle mania?

I don't think so. I think he will work up until Mania then go back to movies. Plus Cena needs retribution for losing to him last year (and for losing to the Miz because of him the previous year).

It's at least normally preceeded by the Rock Bottom, which wears them down, then the People's Elbow just finishes the job. Punk was in total control, then Rock just hit one shitty spinebuster and then the elbow. Should have taken a lot more than that to finish off a relatively fresh Punk.

I'm sure it was usually the spine buster before it, the Rock Bottom was usually his high powered move during the fight, usually the one he would pull out in the middle of getting his ass kicked, or if he was laying out one of the McMahon's, he used the spine buster most of the time before the peoples elbow. Plus he was away to finish off CM before the lights went out, so he was already close to having no green health bar left.

I don't think so. I think he will work up until Mania then go back to movies. Plus Cena needs retribution for losing to him last year (and for losing to the Miz because of him the previous year).

Yeah there is always another Fast and Furious film to take him back, does seem like he is just back to bring some fans back to the WWE, like me!