aberdeen-music

MTV VMAs 2004-badly represented

Guest pop-notmyface

Guest pop-notmyface

did anyone else notice how poorly represented the rock nominations were? i cant remember every single band, but linkin park? yellowcard? jet??? if you like that kind of stuff, that fine, but come awn. jet won the best rock video because they have been bothering us with that single for 2 years (okay, that may be exaggerated...)! did anyone even notice when it came out sometime last year? no-one cared at all, and now that <insert genre here> is coming back largely thanks to the Strokes (no offense, awesome band) and other cool acts, jet bombarded us with that song for months on mtv and kerrang and any other channel you would care to mention. you know, giving them award for that video wasnt such a bad idea, maybe they will stop annoying listeners round the globe. and the performances but yellowcard, jet and some other band were rather pathetic. not even mentioning that the time each band had for performing was an insignificance compared to the more established performances by usher which seemed to last about 6 or 7 minutes. now, how hard is it to see that rock 'n roll was miss and under-represented this year?

i think jet used the same bassline as in the Jams "A Town Called Malice", is that correct?

finished. :moody:

It is MTV at the end of the day, so it's hardly surprising. The Jet, Hoobastank and Yellowcard performances were all a bit shoddy - the sound was crap and the 3 singers were out of tune. The awards are all fixed... who even votes?? And as for New Found Glory, all they got was to play about 3/5 of 'All Downhill From Here' at the pre-show bash. Obviously REALLY worth pulling out of Leeds and Reading for.

oh, so it's already been?

shit it thought it was this weekend? poo.

But live peromances from "rock" bands have always sounded crap at the VMAs.

You think for a music tv channel they'd be able to get that right?

...but obviously i can't comment on the individual performances of 2004 cos i haven't seen it yet. But i have seen both yellowcard and hoobastank live and they were awesome when i saw them. (especially yellowcard)

best ever vma performance was lynrd skynard performing sweet home alabama with the moscow military choir. closely followed by the smashing pumpkins one from like 1996 or something.

Was it not the Leningrad Cowboys COVERING Sweet Home Alabama' date=' with the Red Army Choir (I particularly remember the drumkit being on a tractor)

If you haven't seen "Leningrad Cowboys Go America", then you've missed an exceptionally funny and surreal film - more info at

[url']http://www.leninimports.com/leningradc1.html

Afraid I haven't seen the other two films they're advertising, but the first one is a classic.

Regards

Flossie

I remember foo fighters played at the EMAs. That was quite a good performance. I missed Yellowcard's performance. What song did they play?

About 2/3 of Ocean Avenue...

I was dying to see them play with NFG in Glasgow but they didn't do any dates near it for practice and shit. Gay. I've downloaded a few live tracks and videos and they're bloomin' ace. I bought 'One For The Kids' the other week and all I can say is thank the Lord they've made so much progress! I'll maybe come round to it in a few listens. Hopefully see them sometime sooooooon!

the awards never go to good videos

WHY?

cause videos dont mean shit

bands make videos so that dumb fucks who flick back and forth the same old music channels will be brainwashed with a song, until they strt humming it in the shower like a zombie

almost all music videos that have a point or are genuinely(my spelling is bad but im sure you can make sense of it)(grammer also) great never get attention

its always a case of celebrity guest appearences or having almost naked women dancing around some fat guy that wouldnt get laid if it werent for his rep as a cunt

ive lost myself and i dont know what im talking about

(bjorks the hunter aint a great video, but i like blue bears)

Was it not the Leningrad Cowboys COVERING Sweet Home Alabama' date=' with the Red Army Choir (I particularly remember the drumkit being on a tractor)

If you haven't seen "Leningrad Cowboys Go America", then you've missed an exceptionally funny and surreal film - more info at

[url']http://www.leninimports.com/leningradc1.html

Afraid I haven't seen the other two films they're advertising, but the first one is a classic.

Regards

Flossie

maybe it was. i was quite young at the time but i remember it being awesome!