aberdeen-music

Football Heaven

New York Johnny

My mate has run this mail-order footie memorabila firm for the last 12 years or so but, like so many others, has stuggled with the recession for the last couple of years. He's really been battling hard to stay afloat but has finally cracked and gone to the wall. Here's a link to his final closing down sale where everything really must go. Have a wee look - there's prenty of vintage and collectable stuff in amongst the usual footie merch - you may grab yourself a bargain and shave a few quid off his debt at the same time. Cheers.

http://www.footballheaven.net/

Don't worry, I wouldn't buy it for myself. It's just a great shirt. I'd forgotten they ever had that one. The ones where Newcastle Brown were the sponsor are all brilliant, especially the home shirt with that button collar. I can remember Asprilla cartwheeling about in that one.

I had that shirt. What a great strip. The shorts were cotton. Fuck yer nylon shit.

new95hspatches.jpg

The away one that season was great, too. DENIM EFFECT.

NewcastleASS9697a-G8.gif

• Upvote 1

I had that shirt. What a great strip. The shorts were cotton. Fuck yer nylon shit.

The away one that season was great, too. DENIM EFFECT.

NewcastleASS9697a-G8.gif

I had that shirt. I got in JJB Sport (or JB, whichever was at the top of Union Street above Budz Bar) in 1999 for about a tenner and it was XXL. It may have even been XXXL. Either way I looked like a schoolkid wearing his dad's t-shirt. I had this one as well:

newcastleunitedhomeshirt4300.jpg

I wonder what the current younger generation's equivalent of the 97/98 Newcastle team is? i.e. which team do they all jump on at the moment? I'm guessing there's a high number of man city shirts being worn at P.E. across the country.

My ten year old cousin and all his pals are all about Chelsea at the moment. This time last year it was all about Man U. They lost the league and everyone jumped ship to Chelsea apparently. When I asked him about the sudden change he replied "Man U have a rubbish defence and Chelsea has a good defence." I don't take his football views very seriously though as his favourite player of all-time is Kenny Miller...

• Upvote 1

I had that shirt. I got in JJB Sport (or JB, whichever was at the top of Union Street above Budz Bar) in 1999 for about a tenner and it was XXL. It may have even been XXXL. Either way I looked like a schoolkid wearing his dad's t-shirt. I had this one as well:

newcastleunitedhomeshirt4300.jpg

I had this one with Speed - 11 on the back. Also had on old Brown Ale one with (Steve) Watson on the back. I think I might have had a Darren Peacock shirt at some point too. Cool story bro.

Cool site, I might fire into some of these.

It was all about Italian Football at my Primary School. I was a Juventus fan because my Grandad told me I was. All my closest mates were Juve fans but some of the older kids were Roma fans. I remember going to a football class thing at the weekend in this top

$T2eC16F,!)EE9s2ufFIdBQbbIZZoJg~~60_35.JPG

and some kid I didn't know starting taking the piss saying, 'That must be a really old top because Newcastle aren't sponsored by Sony anymore'. He didn't have a clue who Juventus were.