aberdeen-music

1 Up to close.

Frosty Jack

Went to the closing down sale to say goodbye (I went in alot to browse due to me not usually buying music) and the place was packed and alot of the stuff has now been sold. I picked up an album and it was £13.99 and then found another copy at another part of the show with the price tag £8.99. I bought 2 albums (Ed Sheeran - + and Train - California 37) and 2 DVD's (Drilbit Taylor and Agent Cody Banks). This came to £20.99 and I had £19.99 in my hand I did have another £1 in my pocket and I tried to find it I have 4 pockets and the guy insisted that he let me off with it, I felt quite bad for that. HMV was busy today although I did not buy anything from them. Waited at the bus stop and the driver stops gave me a dirty look and drove off it is a shame that grumpy asshole bus drivers get to keep their jobs when good people are losing there's.

tumblr_ls9ecuopFa1qjhc6wo1_500.gif

• Upvote 4

I went in today as I had a voucher left to use from Christmas (which OneUp were still accepting, rad dudes till the end).

I've never seen it so busy, you couldn't walk through without having to ask past people. Weird and upsetting, really.

It was a bit like seeing your friends dead carcass being savaged. I kind of wish I'd never gone.

Anyway, I wanted Yo La Tengo's new album, but OneUp have stopped restocking releases so there was none left.

I was a bit bummed that there'd be nowhere to get new releases now, so I went off to HMV, not expecting them to be restocking for new releases.

They had about 7 copies and it was only £10. Then the pretty girl at the checkout talked to me about Yo La Tengo.

I haven't shopped in HMV for years, but really hope they stay now, the people that work there are a great bunch of lads.

Apparently they did have the new Yo La Tengo album in but sold out, which is always good to hear.

I went in today too and didn't know how to feel about it being busy. It's good that it'll relieve them of some stock and make them as much money in the last days as possible, but it was pretty sad too. I overheard a middle aged couple bump into someone they knew and they chuckled at the absurdity of meeting each other there. Also they basically all agreed that they never shop there but thought they'd come in to see if they could find any rarities going mistakenly cheap. It felt weird and like, here comes a sophisticated reference point, in the Muppets Christmas Carol where Scrooge hears the people in the future who have broken into his house after he's died and stolen his bedclothes to sell.

I really hope One Up has some sort of last minute instore gig, lock-in or party on the 31st. I'd definitely pay another visit to the Granite if that was on the cards. If not, I was glad to have made some final purchases today. End of an era indeed.