aberdeen-music

1 Up to close.

Frosty Jack

It's pretty sad news but as everyone has said it's been a long time coming. Hopefully someone will turn it into a bar that sells microwave meals advertised as hearty pub grub, there seems to a lack of them on Belmont Street.

I'm probably the worst person for not buying from shops. My location makes it impossible to 'pop' to the shops to buy a c.d. When I used to live in Aberdeen I used to visit one up every other day as I used to work across the road from it. I'd often come out with a C.D or two and I enjoyed the record buying experience but when I got home it was ripped onto my computer and then onto my ipod and the C.D went into a big box that never really got looked at. These days I use spotify of my computer, my phone and the other halfs iPad. If I'm unable to listen to a particular artist or band on spotify I'll buy their music from iTunes. Saves a helluva amount of space for a start, plus there's no mucking about. Have a look and listen, click download/ add to playlist and it's in yer lugs. Instant tuneage. Now I think of it I don't actually have a C.D player in my house.

• Upvote 1

It's pretty sad news but as everyone has said it's been a long time coming. Hopefully someone will turn it into a bar that sells microwave meals advertised as hearty pub grub, there seems to a lack of them on Belmont Street.

I'm probably the worst person for not buying from shops. My location makes it impossible to 'pop' to the shops to buy a c.d. When I used to live in Aberdeen I used to visit one up every other day as I used to work across the road from it. I'd often come out with a C.D or two and I enjoyed the record buying experience but when I got home it was ripped onto my computer and then onto my ipod and the C.D went into a big box that never really got looked at. These days I use spotify of my computer, my phone and the other halfs iPad. If I'm unable to listen to a particular artist or band on spotify I'll buy their music from iTunes. Saves a helluva amount of space for a start, plus there's no mucking about. Have a look and listen, click download/ add to playlist and it's in yer lugs. Instant tuneage. Now I think of it I don't actually have a C.D player in my house.

I used to enjoy our regular pre-practice cd buying sessions in One-Up.

Me too. I found increasingly that I bought a CD, ripped it, put it on a shelf and never ever looked at it again, so it became pointless buying CDs when I could do the same thing quicker and cheaper through iTunes. Like you I also don't own a CD player, and I don't think I even own a single CD anymore.