aberdeen-music

Aberdeen buskers could face auditions

MrMotivator

Saw these on the Evening Express and STV web sites:

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/3075207

http://news.stv.tv/north/209035-buskers-could-be-forced-to-enter-x-factor-style-auditions-in-aberdeen/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Love how the Evening Express have "TALENTED" in the caption for the picture of the bagpipe player! :)

Do you think Aberdeen buskers should face X Factor style auditions before they are allowed to perform?

It's fairly common in a lot of big cities to stop fuckwits like that bagpipe cretin or guitar wifie making dischordant racket in the streets and expecting paid for it.

xx

It's a free market economy - plenty entities out there providing crap products and crap service that people keep paying for.

It's a free market economy - plenty entities out there providing crap products and crap service that people keep paying for.

True, but if I walked up to strangers and shouted in their faces, that'd be harassment or breach of the peace or some shit. The argument in favour of busking is essentially the same thing.

xx

• Upvote 1

I've never seen a busker do this.

Of course not - that's an extreme example. However, I'd probably have someone shouting at me for a moment that have to tolerate out of tune, shitty bagpipe playing audible along a massive chunk of union street. I feel so sorry for the poor fuckers working in the places across the road from that wanker.

Although - I also think that the preachers and all those dicks should also have to apply for legal permission to be cunty. I just hate people.

xx

• Upvote 1

In my experience I have found that people who have clipboards are far more persistent and annoying than any busker. They chase you along the street until you have said no ten times and then you're a bastard because you're not signing up to this charity direct debit of which the charity only sees a tenth of the money. Now that to me is way more annoying than any busker.

• Upvote 2

I feel so sorry for the poor fuckers working in the places across the road from that wanker.

There used to be a busker - I use the term loosely as I have heard him before - outside the missus' work who apparently only knew the first verse and chorus to David Bowie's "Starman". To hear that as soon as you step outside is probably worse than having Northsound One on at work all day.

In my experience I have found that people who have clipboards are far more persistent and annoying than any busker. They chase you along the street until you have said no ten times and then you're a bastard because you're not signing up to this charity direct debit of which the charity only sees a tenth of the money. Now that to me is way more annoying than any busker.

I have no problems with buskers, just ones that can't actually play their instrument. If the piper could actually play to a listenable standard it would be fine.

• Upvote 1

Best thing about glasgow buskers are when junkies end up dancing along with them.

That only happens in Aberdeen, from my experience. Especially that repugnant individual who just roars out Stone Roses and Oasis songs. Dunno if he's still kicking around these days, but he used to stand outside (or slightly inside) the recessed entrance to the Trinity Centre and religiously stick to songs with open G A E D C and F chords. He attracted the lowest common denominator every Friday and Saturday night. All congregated in one small area of Union Street, singing shit songs and being tribally aggressive in unison. Grim times.

• Upvote 1