aberdeen-music

The ALLLL NEW Nomad A.M. Website

cliveR

piss off, christ, I told it like it is, and, (if you go look), I said "Sorry" too, as I knew my words were hard.

As for patronising, your reply there is a dictionary definition of patronising.

but hey, we're in a downward spiral already...

All I am saying is that I get the feeling that outside the circle of friends, I don't think many people will be too impressed with that site.

What do I know though, I am just a grumpy old bastard.

as a pro web dev some technical points, meant constructively (overall I quite like the crayon look though, even if as lepeep pointed out it doesn't portray an uber-business efficiency vibe)

tree doesn't line up as already pointed out.

no meta tag content e.g keywords and discription (applies to most of lepeeps sites too ;-)

some of the images are waaay too big in filesize for what they are. Ya need to crunch them down with more jpeg compression/ gif colour reduction. Over 100k in image data alone on the first page.

site doesn't view well on low res.

pop up windows are a bad idea: windows xp sp2, many alternative browsers, plus a lot of browser addon software will try to block pop up windows.

Guest Sundaram

I like the site, it's look and banter, much like any new thing it just takes a bit of time and noseyness to find stuff!

It has a slight 'you gotta be in on the joke' feel about it (was the Gavfest a mass back patting sesh?), it sounds like it was to me! :p

Hhehe, more importantly though, it's made me want to buy the CD's!

:)

I think that's the problem with boards most of the time' date=' well, for people who know me, When I harp on on-line, I mean no "agression" so it's obviously just badly worded from my point.

Hey, I hear you about "it represents us, and who we are", that's cool, but, my point (and I get the feeling yer supporters think I am cunt for saying this) is that if you are going to have nomad AM as a serious business and record Lable, the current site will put a lot of serious people off, don't get me wrong, you love it, cool, your pals love it, cool, but think about the complete strangers who don't have a clue about you, or what you do....

(these comments are all from "someone who doesn't know you guys", and a bit of devils advocate, OK)

Firstly, the palm tree in the middle, it doesn't tessolate (repeat) "so what", well, if you want it to repeat vertically, at least get bothered about making it repeat (if you can't be arsed with that, what else won't you boys be arse doing...(know what I mean)

Secondly the menu, the colours are awful and I can hardly read some of them (and I have good eyesight), I am not saying "get w3 compliant", but that needs sorting.

thirdly, it looks far too "home made", sure, make a site with pencils, cool, but, the layout definetly needs sorted...

If you want proof of a fandabidozie "hand drawn" website, look no further than buck 65's "square" site...now, that's the dogs balls, and it's so simple. ( [url']http://www.buck65square.com/ )

the rest of the babies on this site, sorry boys, I'll never say a bad thing about your pals ever again, honest.

peep

i used to regularly flame you on the old fudge message board , for no reason other than you took the bait every time.to begin with i had you mixed up with someone else( whom i didnt particularly like!) but even after i realised i had the wrong man i kept having digs because you ALWAYS jerked that knee and posted back.sunday afternoon entertainment if you like.i'm not trying to belittle you, just saying that you should sometimes simply say what you mean and not back peddle.thats why people get bitten by dogs etc.

i personally think band websites should be posted individually in big envelopes first class every day.to everyone.the tool one would have a spanner on the foldover seal and the bruce springsteen one would have a guitar and a lyric around it like " last night i heard a voice..." etc.

Lepeep' date='

I'd like to introduce the difference between constructive criticism and being patronising to you.

One is an objective review, not shying away from being negative, the other, was your first post.

Maybe in the future when we're all men we can laugh about this. Infact I laugh a lot on this board.

I'm still getting to grips with El Salvador.

Please note, I do not condone any actions by you Westerners.[/quote']

why is it you always post abstract things like that? it doesn't acheive anything and it just pushes people away from discussing these things. obviously i'm referring to the last two pointless sentences there. and yea phil was patronising but there's certainly better ways to point that out other than being patronising back. sheesh.

why is it you always post abstract things like that? it doesn't acheive anything and it just pushes people away from discussing these things. obviously i'm referring to the last two pointless sentences there. and yea phil was patronising but there's certainly better ways to point that out other than being patronising back. sheesh.

Abstract? Jesus Christ, get with it. There's obviously no real point, or relevence to answer that.

How do any of my posts restrict a healthy discussion?

I, personally... don't see a problem with Al's post.... and to be honest, nor do I see a problem with LePeep's posts.... free speach and all that stuff, kids.

What's all this shouting about, there'll be no trouble here.

Abstract? Jesus Christ' date=' get with it. There's obviously no real point, or relevence to answer that.

How do any of my posts restrict a healthy discussion?[/quote']

well because it makes it out to be injokey and exclusive and puts people off responding in case they don't 'get it'.

case in point being that as soon as i queried it i get a resonse of 'get with it'.

i just think that it's a lot better to promote discussion of any form when it regards things like our music and our friends music rather than try and put people off responding or making any points by posting things like 'i'm still getting to grips with el salvador'. it's something that's annoyed me in the past, and not just with your posts, so i thought maybe if i actually said something about it you might understand my point rather than have a go.

Guest Sundaram
well because it makes it out to be injokey and exclusive and puts people off responding in case they don't 'get it'.

case in point being that as soon as i queried it i get a resonse of 'get with it'.

i just think that it's a lot better to promote discussion of any form when it regards things like our music and our friends music rather than try and put people off responding or making any points by posting things like 'i'm still getting to grips with el salvador'. it's something that's annoyed me in the past' date=' and not just with your posts, so i thought maybe if i actually said something about it you might understand my point rather than have a go.[/quote']

Those damn Abysmalist's...

I'm often left thinking, eh ?(

Those damn Abysmalist's...

they're so damn clever with their nonsensical 'inside' jokes, just like a coaprovel pen lying accross a slightly tattered 'noah's ark adventure' children's reading book.

dave has a valid point. i can see how it might prevent people from commenting/giving feedback/discussing things.

don't blame this abysmalists for this' date=' you fools.

they don't think they're clever with these so-called 'nonsensical inside jokes'.

i dont think they're clever at all.

and any jokes they do make, make perfect sense to me, ass.[/quote']

you missed my point. quite the opposite in blame the abysmalists, go read my post again and figure it out mr wacky.

anyway....

The final word.

I don't understand the abysmalists at all... I don't think it's an in joke thing though, they don't have the slightest idea themselves, and if they do think they're clever, they really ought to know better by now. Poor children...

Meanwhile, away from backbiting and back on topic, I think the nomad sight looks ace and is pretty user friendly... can't scroll right to the bottom of the photo windows, though, which is a little frustrating.

Finally, all those who took part in or pitched up at Gavfest deserve a mutual back - pat. Think about it... A totally free festival with no corporate sponsorship or media influence, with music sprayed in all direstions by 8 (count 'em) local and fabulous acts for the benefit of anyone who gave two fucks.

And free meat.