aberdeen-music

Celebrity Dead Pool 2013

Lemonade

This is why changing the line-up once posted is cheating. I will call bullshit if anyone else dies and people have done the old switcheroo, independent tribunal etc etc.

Kirsten hasn't submitted a team yet, but I agree whole-heartedly with you, which is why getting an official news report link was important seeing as today is the last day for changes/team submissions.

This is why changing the line-up once posted is cheating. I will call bullshit if anyone else dies and people have done the old switcheroo, independent tribunal etc etc.

I don't think it's cheating because a) you can't change it once somebody has already died, b) the option is there for everybody and c) in doing so you invalidate your earlier entry and thus any points you've already accrued / first pick bonuses.

Next year I'm going to have everyone submit their team anonymously. There's an awful lot of names popping up multiple times, I think people read other people's lists for ideas before compiling their own lists, which is against the spirit of things really.

I don't think it's cheating because a) you can't change it once somebody has already died, b) the option is there for everybody and c) in doing so you invalidate your earlier entry and thus any points you've already accrued / first pick bonuses.

Next year I'm going to have everyone submit their team anonymously. There's an awful lot of names popping up multiple times, I think people read other people's lists for ideas before compiling their own lists, which is against the spirit of things really.

I totally agree with the anonymous submitions.

• Upvote 1

Maybe not anonymously but we should all P.M them to you and after the deadline (which should be way before the 21st) they can get displayed in the thread so nobody can copy anyone. None of this sub nonsense either. You pick your list and you stand by it as your chosen celebs tumble into the abyss.

Maybe not anonymously but we should all P.M them to you and after the deadline (which should be way before the 21st) they can get displayed in the thread so nobody can copy anyone. None of this sub nonsense either. You pick your list and you stand by it as your chosen celebs tumble into the abyss.

That was my plan. Post them once they're all in and the deadline is passed. Yeah OK we can ditch the subs as well. If we're doing that then then we also ditch the 1st pick bonus, as that was introduced as a deterrent for copying.

• Upvote 1

Nelson Mandela

Sally Jessy Raphael

Bob Dole

J.K Simmons

Muhammed Ali

Christopher Lee (joker)

Margaret Thatcher

John Mahoney

Ric Flair

Freddie Starr

Betty White

Rihanna

Estelle Harris

Prince Philip

Pam Ayres

John Hurt

Tippi Hedren

Doug Stanhope

Ronnie Corbett

Macaulay Culkin

I'm always reluctant to put Thatcher as, traditionally, being placed on my list seems to guarantee safety. Bastards. This might be the year, though!

Early scores, and last year's winner has taken an early lead.

1 Scorge 8 (first pick bonus)

2 Graham Knight 7

3 ca_gere 7

4 Alan Cynic 7

5 Lucius 0

6 JaseyBoi 0

7 Cool Thinker 0

8 Camie 0

9 Bigsby 0

10 mattJimF 0

11 Alkaline 0

12 Teabags 0