aberdeen-music

Christmas

Jaaakkkeee

I think we've discussed Jake's presents enough. It's this year's scat references for him. Besides, christmas is OVER.

I still have a load of presents under my tree as my sister is coming up on Saturday assuming the weather allows. I will get mine from her then too. Christmas is not over!

Seriously though Jake - enjoy the presents but know you are incredibly spoiled compared to most people! I would have been happy to get 1/3rd of that ;) Especially in light of the current financial predicament. My mum has said she can't afford to get me anything this year. As such I am actually paying for her to get a bus to Aberdeen so I can give her the presents I got her.

I feel for the people that are unemployed at this time of year. Everyone wants to be able to buy nice things for their family and it must be hard not being able to provide that.

• Upvote 1

This was the first Christmas I spent with someone else's family. I've either been working on my tod or spent it with at least some of my own family if I've been away from home in the past. Was fun but not the same. Didn't get any main presents because my girlfriend and I both have Yuletide birthdays so we focused on that instead. Got a dope Jets hat and a comfy pair of baffies as well as both knicks and knacks for the kitchen/house.

I brought Christmas crackers and had to teach the whole table how to pull them - yet another thing I didn't know was British. Spent much of my dinner saying 'you're doing christmas wrong!' as they pulled their own crackers and didn't wear their hats. Also had to pretend I thought Grouse was a good whisky as it was pulled out of the cupboard in my honor. That hurt. Americans know how to do dessert though!

• Upvote 3

• 11 months later...

Couple of mates coming over, her indoors is cooking a goose for them. I'm having some nut roast thing. Expect it'll be get up, open presents, have breakfast, try and get the place looking presentable while she cooks (alternatively play GTA 5 which I'm pretty sure she bought me) eat, drink, be merry.

Dinner is roasted peppers with mozzarella, cous cous and pine nuts, then goose with all the trimmings, then trifle, then Xmas pud with brandy cream, then cheese and biscuits, then coffee. I've been on a weight loss diet for the past month so i am looking forward to this more than presents and company.

I'm going all out and doing :

a Turkey (which i'm putting into a brine tonight),

a big fuck-off bit of Ham glazed with honey mustard

Roast tatties

Mashed tatties

Green bean casserole

Baked Pineapple (goes great with the ham)

Skirlie

A cheesey 'tear and share' bread thing

I've definitely overstretched myself but looking forward to it. 

Back in Scotland for two weeks :) It hasn't started according to plan as a friend I was staying with in Glasgow for the last couple of nights ended up in hospital yesterday. But hopefully the rest will go better and I'm looking forward to it.

Christmas Eve I'm having dinner at my Mum's and then going to the pub afterwards to catch up with some old school friends. Breakfast at my mum's on christmas morning before me and my sister head over my Dad's for the rest of the day. Just going to be the three of us so won't be a huge feast but I'm sure there'll be more than enough for us all to stuff our faces. Boxing day will be the footy and then out with mates in town. Got another family meal with my mum's side of the family on the 27th and then I go to Edinburgh for the weekend to catch up with some mates there and go out to Surgeon play some very un-festive thumping techo.

I'm quite excited about it all. I definitely appreciate christmas a lot more now that I live away in Poland and I don't get to see friends and family in Scotland that often.