aberdeen-music

Christmas

Jaaakkkeee

I had a great day, my family dont tend to give out heaps of presents so i only got some money, but thats not what its about for me, its the only chance to see all my family at once during the year, and to hear my old man playing away on the accordion.

Going to go to premark tomorrow and buy a years worth of clothes, then R&B and buy a new crash cymbal, if its open, and go back round to my folks for round two with my old man, watch some old videos of our cover band and drink the bottle of whiskey i bought him.

Had a great day also. had a good afternoon cooking and preparing everything with my folks after a morning of champagne and breakfast muffins with the wife. Then an evening of drinking and more champagne with our combined families and some top chat. really good times.

Best thing was no hangover today! now off to drink some beer, eat shitloads more food and meet friends.

got a load of actual books too. love me some books. also a clint eastwood western blueray with pale rider, outlaw josey wales and unforgiven on it. fuck yes.

Best Christmas. Girlfriend came over and spent it with me and my family so I had a wee anchor of sanity in the madness that families can create at Christmas. Except it seemed pretty minimal yesterday which was ace! Ate, drank, was merry, didn't have a hangover this morning. Well, no alcohol related hangover. I had a food hangover and as such didn't need to eat until lunchtime. Mind you, this Christmas is ace since I get a proper break over the holidays. Not back to work until the 7th and then off to Iceland for 5 days on the 15th. Bring on 2013!

• Upvote 1

Christmas was spent with the in-laws. No turkey as my brother in law is allergic but still managed to stuff my face with beef until I could barely move. Felt strange not being at home, especially when Dave started posting pictures of my Mum's christmas dinner on facebook.

Yesterday was spent doing as little as possible. Finally figured out how to do live looping in Reaper and spent a few hours fucking around making loops with my synth then went to the pub for a bit at night.

Now I'm sat in the office and will be here until 6pm :(

Christmas morning was waking up, feeding cats, having a shower (which made me think I was getting away with not making breakfast thus getting presents earlier), being bitterly disappointed and having to make breakfast, then presents.

Then we got picked up by my dad and taken round to my gran's. Who's going a bit doo-lally. My dad made up the worst excuse ever and left us. We spoke for a while then did the same.

Went out to Kemnay to see my other grandma. Had Christmas lunch which was superb. Opened gifts with young cousins, and as they grew louder and louder we left.

Went back to the mrs' flat and played some games, watched a film and had some sausage rolls and mince pies.

Now, here's the good part.

From the girlfriend - Squire Tele, guitar strap, personalised plectrums, The Office Season 1-5 box set, Little Big Planet Karting, Rocksmith, sweeties, Scrabble, a t-shirt, socks and punts, aftershave.

From my mum & dad - trainers, a jacket, t-shirt, jeans, jumper, dvds, The Hobbit. My Bloody Valentine eps reissue, remote control helicopter.

From my sister - Neutral Milk Hotel cd, Ted blu-ray, idiot abroad books

From girlfriend's mum - guitar bag, a wee penguin teddy.

Rest of family - dvds, body wash sets, socks, cash.

and there's probably more, but I'm just too excited to think.

I then took money and went out and bought The Long Halloween comic, Unsane and Converge's new albums. a zip up hoody, a jumper, a bluetooth headset for the mrs' ps3, and I plan on buying Tiger Woods 13 tonight.

Christmas morning was waking up, feeding cats, having a shower (which made me think I was getting away with not making breakfast thus getting presents earlier), being bitterly disappointed and having to make breakfast, then presents.

Then we got picked up by my dad and taken round to my gran's. Who's going a bit doo-lally. My dad made up the worst excuse ever and left us. We spoke for a while then did the same.

Went out to Kemnay to see my other grandma. Had Christmas lunch which was superb. Opened gifts with young cousins, and as they grew louder and louder we left.

Went back to the mrs' flat and played some games, watched a film and had some sausage rolls and mince pies.

Now, here's the good part.

From the girlfriend - Squire Tele, guitar strap, personalised plectrums, The Office Season 1-5 box set, Little Big Planet Karting, Rocksmith, sweeties, Scrabble, a t-shirt, socks and punts, aftershave.

From my mum & dad - trainers, a jacket, t-shirt, jeans, jumper, dvds, The Hobbit. My Bloody Valentine eps reissue, remote control helicopter.

From my sister - Neutral Milk Hotel cd, Ted blu-ray, idiot abroad books

From girlfriend's mum - guitar bag, a wee penguin teddy.

Rest of family - dvds, body wash sets, socks, cash.

and there's probably more, but I'm just too excited to think.

I then took money and went out and bought The Long Halloween comic, Unsane and Converge's new albums. a zip up hoody, a jumper, a bluetooth headset for the mrs' ps3, and I plan on buying Tiger Woods 13 tonight.

You've missed out what the cats got you?

Aye, you and me know that. But she had just spent over £200 just on my main present. Then got me loads of gifts on top of that. I wasn't about to ask for money. That's ungrateful.

Yeah, it's a token more than anything. I'm not talking even a fiver. A 2p coin would have sufficed. Years of bad luck and debt to you, young man.

Just kidding, kind of.