aberdeen-music

Dogs

framheim

The best thing about dogs is that there's genuine trust there, not like cats who would stab you in the back given half a chance. My dog and I play fight all the time, she even pretends to bite my face only to either lick my nose or bump her nose against mine. I know she'd never deliberately hurt me or anyone else (except maybe a cat, or that pigeon she caught once). Dogs are ace.

I did once catch her stealing bacon off my plate though. sneaky bitch.

• Upvote 1

Dogs are great, especially if you train them well. Cats are boring. They don't do anything. You couldn't train a cat to be sniffer cat, sniffing out smugglers and initiating drug busts. They just don't have the attention span, unless it involves licking themselves or putting claw marks in all the furniture. I don't even think cats like being cats. They just look pissed off, always. Dogs run around with their massive tongues flopping around, having a total whale of a time. Dogs!

• Upvote 1

Dogs fucking rule.

When I find pictures of my old dog Buster I'll post them. He was the fucking best.

This is my Mum's current dog, Honey. My Mum fostered dogs for about 2 weeks at a time from a place in Dubai to save them from being put down while they tried to find an owner. Then she fostered Honey and she kept her. Probably because she looked remarkably like Buster who was some sort of fucked up German Shepard/Welsh Corgie cross or something (we have no idea, we took him in off the streets). She's incredibly nervous around people, especially when she first meets them, so fuck knows what happened to her before she ended up in the fostering place.

380616_10151873506196515_2144816558_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Any tips on a) getting her to not get into the begging habit, b) teething - she is trying to bite everything atm and we're rewarding her for chewing her toys and stopping her from biting humans and other stuff but wondering if there's any clever ways to do this.

We found the key to our dogs behaviour is in the feeding habits. If you only feed them after you have completely finished eating this shows them that you are the pack leader, we had a completely different dog after 1 day of this, it was amazing! Once the dog knows its place in the pack order training is so much easier.

We found the key to our dogs behaviour is in the feeding habits. If you only feed them after you have completely finished eating this shows them that you are the pack leader, we had a completely different dog after 1 day of this, it was amazing! Once the dog knows its place in the pack order training is so much easier.

As a family, we had started doing this with the Alaskan Malamute - he was earmarked as the next potential alpha by the breeders, because he was so dominant (read: pain in the arse). My dad was a tit and started feeding the dog before the rest of us, so the little wanker's head got massive. Cue many years of destroyed flooring, walls, gardens, everything he could chew or piss on.

Dogs fucking rule.

When I find pictures of my old dog Buster I'll post them. He was the fucking best.

This is my Mum's current dog, Honey. My Mum fostered dogs for about 2 weeks at a time from a place in Dubai to save them from being put down while they tried to find an owner. Then she fostered Honey and she kept her. Probably because she looked remarkably like Buster who was some sort of fucked up German Shepard/Welsh Corgie cross or something (we have no idea, we took him in off the streets). She's incredibly nervous around people, especially when she first meets them, so fuck knows what happened to her before she ended up in the fostering place.

Ahhhh Buster...the dog who said hello and also was the reason I saw a chicken crossing the road.

Love dogs!

We had 3 English Setters when we were tiny; Fergie, Jade and Clover. When the last one Fergie died, my mum was distraught and was all "Ohhhhhhhhhhh, we'll never have another dog again, I can't bear to lose them!!!!" Five minutes later, enter Holly the English Springer Spaniel, who was with us for about 12 years. Best dog ever!! Then of course, she died and Mags was like "Ohhhhhhhhhhh, we'll never have another dog again, I can't bear to lose them!!!!" Five minutes later, enter Tess and Pip, the black labs. Those two are pure comedy gold. I love going back to see them and living in a flat (as well as being way too busy to own a dog) it's not something I'll do for a llot of years myself, so Christmas was magic fun.

Our dogs are always well trained, or dad would bury then in a shallow grave in the back garden and they're a joy to have around. No biting, scratching, toilet training issues, etc. Just grat companionship and banter!

So here are a few photo's of my baby Fleur (in spoiler due to size and amount.)

IMG_20120721_201110.jpg

This was taken the day we got her home

IMG_20120721_202221.jpg

When she could fit on my shoulder, she now just sleeps on the back of the sofa

003.JPG

After destroying a loo roll inner

011.JPG

Her being excited because we've just arrived, the other dog is Pippa, my In-laws dog, who is a month younger.

038.JPG

Sitting patiently waiting for her food.

047.JPG

Trapped trying to get a soft toy.

Also have a few of videos of her with my mum's lab, and one of her helping open a present (it's a new camera hence the questions about working).

• Upvote 2

This is good advice. Still trying to nail down a solid routine with her but it seems that food is a huge part of her knowing her place. Her training is going well, she hasn't shat in the house in a couple of weeks and pees very rarely, then when she does she looks as if she knows she's not supposed to. Other than that, her biting is still a bit of a problem but i'm not too worried, it'l go away in time coz she's already learned not to bite me or my GF, just needs to stop with biting other people.

Now that she's big enough to take out for walks around the block, it's been amazing having her. Everywhere we go someone wants to talk to us and pet the pooch. My area is not the friendliest on the surface and there are a few streets where thug looking dudes hang out and generally intimidate, but it's heartwarming to meet some of these folk via our wee pup - everyone wants to pet her and let her sniff their dog. It's amazing how friendly people have been.

Now that she's big enough to take out for walks around the block, it's been amazing having her. Everywhere we go someone wants to talk to us and pet the pooch. My area is not the friendliest on the surface and there are a few streets where thug looking dudes hang out and generally intimidate, but it's heartwarming to meet some of these folk via our wee pup - everyone wants to pet her and let her sniff their dog. It's amazing how friendly people have been.

We have the opposite problem, everyone pulls their dogs away, probably due to her size, which is why it was good going to my mum's so she could play with a bigger dog and it gave her a huge confidence boost. My In-laws dog got picked up on the beach by an Alsatian (sp?) who had a phantom pregnancy, now, if we take both dogs to the beach, their dog just constantly wants picked up when we are on the sand.

• 2 months later...