aberdeen-music

Flexidiscs

kirkt

Does anyone know if these still exist? I aint seen one in ages...not since my Dad got one of DogmanStar exerpts by Suede free with NME when i was like 8 or somethin! Are they cheap to produce as I was thinking of doing one with #2 of sharpshooter...can anyone help (anyone who knows of manufacturers)

Guest allsystemsfail
Does anyone know if these still exist? I aint seen one in ages...not since my Dad got one of DogmanStar exerpts by Suede free with NME when i was like 8 or somethin! Are they cheap to produce as I was thinking of doing one with #2 of sharpshooter...can anyone help (anyone who knows of manufacturers)

Not sure. Last one I came across came as part of a double issue of Profane Existence in 1997. But hey, that sounds pretty cool. Not that I could play it. Have only a CD player. :(

I've still got a few flexidiscs in a drawer. I have the feeling they dont age too well...

Dave

Not sure. Last one I came across came as part of a double issue of Profane Existence in 1997. But hey' date=' that sounds pretty cool. Not that I could play it. Have only a CD player. :([/quote']

even if you had a deck it woundt be much use, cos they rarely even play and sound total shit if they occasionally do

Ive got a Joy Division one and a Cabaret Voltaire one..... cool as fuck to look at if nout else

even if you had a deck it woundt be much use' date=' cos they rarely even play and sound total shit if they occasionally do

Ive got a Joy Division one and a Cabaret Voltaire one..... cool as fuck to look at if nout else[/quote']

I've a Suede, Testament / Acid Reign and a few others. All 10 + years old though...

Guest allsystemsfail
even if you had a deck it woundt be much use' date=' cos they rarely even play and sound total shit if they occasionally do

Ive got a Joy Division one and a Cabaret Voltaire one..... cool as fuck to look at if nout else[/quote']

I can only speak from my own experience, but the ones I've had in the past have been fine. Sound quality was okay too.

i was listening to the suede/manic street preachers ones my dad has...sound is bit crackly durin quiet bits but you cant notice it the rest of the time. sounded fine. i think as long as you keep it in good condition (and not fold it in half without a sleeve) then it'll be cool. if anyone knows of any labels that have released a flexidisc recently, please could you let me know and ill try contact them to find out where they got them pressed

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Haven't seen one in a while, but there were a lot of them on the go in the mid to late 80's. A lot of Japanese bands at the time released them, also Heresy and Ripcord debuted on a flexi. Active Minds released one in 1991, I think, but I don't know of any others since then. It was a format invented by Jonathan King...............................

• 2 weeks later...