aberdeen-music
Stroopy121

Lostprophets rock star Ian Watkins on child sex offence charges

The thing is it's not 35 years in jail, it's 29 with 6 years on licence, with the possibility of parole after 2/3rd of sentence carried out (yeah cause that'll happen).

Apparently not. Everyone is freaking out about nothing. Mega LOLZ. Hopefully someone will get to work on the homez with a blowtorch and some pliers.

Edited by Monster Zero

In today's world where I've seen gifs of beheadings and people putting spikes through their boab before I've even put my toast on in the morning (not that I seek these things out - a few errant clicks on reddit and you see it all), this is something I just can't shake off. It's left me with such a bad feeling. It didnt really make the news in poland which makes it even worse, like im the only person to know about it. I'm glad I read the thing but fuck me it's horrible.

The graphic details of the acts and the communication was totally horrid, but then it was reading about how the abused children will someday have to learn why they are in foster care and not with their birth parents. That was the worst of it for me.

Exactly. Imagine finding out you meant so little to the person who brought you into the world and who above all you should have been able to count on they would do that to you. Beyond horrifying.

In today's world where I've seen gifs of beheadings and people putting spikes through their boab before I've even put my toast on in the morning (not that I seek these things out - a few errant clicks on reddit and you see it all), this is something I just can't shake off. It's left me with such a bad feeling. It didnt really make the news in poland which makes it even worse, like im the only person to know about it. I'm glad I read the thing but fuck me it's horrible.

Thats how i feel about it as well, i have seen a lot of terrible things online, but that sticks with you, it really makes you sick to your stomach to think about the full picture of it all. God knows how you would go about explaining to the children later in life what had happened when they were babies. 

That's something I hadn't even thought properly about, the kids finding out in the future. It really is a horrible thought. Even if they somehow are lucky enough to have a good life from now on I'm not sure how they could handle finding out the truth. 

I'm quite a squeamish lad, I haven't seen any beheadings online or anything like that because I try and avoid that stuff so I'm definitely avoiding reading any more about this story than I really have to.

I know nothing about developmental psychology so I could be way way off but IF there is one good thing about the situation maybe it's he did the deeds to kids too young to be inflicted with suppressed memories. You hear stories about people suddenly remembering they were molested as a child (through hypnosis, therapy, drug-induced, etc). Maybe with really young babies, the memory isn't formed and they won't ever be able to recall the molestation later in life. I really hope so, because that can really mess people up.

I thought the deadpan communication planning the acts was indeed the grimmest, more so than the details.

Regards his mentality and whether or not he feels remorse etc. again it's armchair speculation but reading the various details about his personality and comments, it's seems like he if anyone has antisocial personality disorder (better known as psychopathy/sociopathy; Ian Brady, mentioned above, is one) and is simply unable to feel remorse or empathy, or real responsibility.

I know nothing about developmental psychology so I could be way way off but IF there is one good thing about the situation maybe it's he did the deeds to kids too young to be inflicted with suppressed memories. You hear stories about people suddenly remembering they were molested as a child (through hypnosis, therapy, drug-induced, etc). Maybe with really young babies, the memory isn't formed and they won't ever be able to recall the molestation later in life. I really hope so, because that can really mess people up.

If that was to be so, is it likely that the whole ordeal will be kept completely a secret from them by whoever's care the children are in? Once they are informed they are not under the care of their actual parents, and are at an age to understand that, they will surely ask why they are in foster care. Is it right to cover it up completely, to prevent being possibly scarred for life, or do they have the right to know exactly why they are separated from their parents? I don't really know how these situations work, and if the victims of such horrifying abuse are divulged the nature of what happened, or if they are kept completely in the dark about it, in hope they can lead a normal life.

If that was to be so, is it likely that the whole ordeal will be kept completely a secret from them by whoever's care the children are in? Once they are informed they are not under the care of their actual parents, and are at an age to understand that, they will surely ask why they are in foster care. Is it right to cover it up completely, to prevent being possibly scarred for life, or do they have the right to know exactly why they are separated from their parents? I don't really know how these situations work, and if the victims of such horrifying abuse are divulged the nature of what happened, or if they are kept completely in the dark about it, in hope they can lead a normal life.

It's an interesting question. Not sure how i feel about it. Part of me would like the kids involved to never find out, even if that means being lied to. But then again, they should have the right to know.

It's an interesting question. Not sure how i feel about it. Part of me would like the kids involved to never find out, even if that means being lied to. But then again, they should have the right to know.

There's no way they could keep that from them if they were determined to find out about their roots. Peaches Geldof already tweeted their mums' names for fuck sake.

There's no way they could keep that from them if they were determined to find out about their roots. Peaches Geldof already tweeted their mums' names for fuck sake.

Yeah, ti goes into it in the judge's report. That he realises eventually the kids are going to have find out and will need counseling.

Strangely enough...this whole thing has made me think they may just have had a point about Charles Manson.

I basically never believed any group of people (namely the Manson family) could be so infatuated with someone that they would do their bidding, even if that was horrible. I thought the girls/family must've been pretty fucked up to begin with.

This case just goes to show that...yeah, its pretty fucking shocking what ends some people will go to because of blind infatuation with someone.

• Upvote 2

I basically never believed any group of people (namely the Manson family) could be so infatuated with someone that they would do their bidding, even if that was horrible. I thought the girls/family must've been pretty fucked up to begin with.

This case just goes to show that...yeah, its pretty fucking shocking what ends some people will go to because of blind infatuation with someone.

Aha. Okay I get you. Yeah it does go to show really. At least with the Manson family you get some cool soundbites to sample in songs.

Srsly though, it still bewilders me how these woman would do this. Not the fact they let it happen. You could put that down to some problems, immaturity, pressure to let him do it. But the way they talked about it... sickening. 

• Downvote 1

Statistically speaking, you probably share a room with a peado very frequently. 

I sometimes have thoughts like that when i'm on the train or something. e.g. 'I wonder how many people on this train have killed a person?'. Not in any morbid way, just wondering about statistics.

Statistically speaking, you probably share a room with a peado very frequently.

So when booking a room in future, why not ask reception for a 'paedo free' suite?

• Upvote 1

I've thought that same, it's just weird knowing i was in a close vicinity to this guy specifically while this stuff was going on.

You paid for the hotel room he used to rape babies.

• Upvote 3

I was talking about a similar thing the other day. You see all the people who get caught. But what about the people who don't. Or what about the people who constantly live with these kind of thoughts but don't act upon them. There's probably a lot of inactive peadophiles out there. They have the same urges and sexual compulsions, but don't act on it.

Stumbled across a similar guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikini_Killer , another serial killer with multiple crime "families" (who he ended up murdering one-by-one) and also very popular with his prison guards - for whom he eventually threw a party, where he poisoned them (non-lethally) in order to get his sentence extended (and thus avoid extradition to and an almost certain death sentence in Thailand), with the added bonus of a brief escape-cum-restaurant trip. Must have been a persuasive chap. 

Edited by scottyboy