aberdeen-music

Single Coils recommendations

Lame Guitarist

Who here uses strats loaded with single coils? Any recommendations for nice bright low to mid output ones? Been looking at Tyler pickups and heard good reports but with pickups I can't exactly try before I buy if you know what I mean. Tried split coils on a PRS but its just not the same, my strats loaded with hot rails that are too meaty. Need a nice strat funk rhythm sound for some recording work.

depends on your budget but you can get some very good pickups for not huge bucks tbh.

personally I hated the BK mothers milks but thats just horses for courses. preferred the BK slow hands by a mile.

Entwistle - have a couple of sets on ebay. had a cheapo set from them and they were very decent tbh

axesrus - had the texas blues and they were excellent. have a look on their website they've got a few sets which might do what you're after.

toneriders - had the blues classics or whatever they're called and they were decent. They also do a vintage set which might be good for what you're asking/

Kent armstrong tweed tones - they were excellent!

been round the bootique side as well - lindy fralins, Bare knuckle , rio grande, wizard, catswhisker, bulldog, seymour duncan, dimarzio etc etc and the main advantage is that those guys will wind to exactly the sound that you want, but you pay a premium for that, and imo they're not worth the extra dough.