aberdeen-music

News & announcements - replies require moderator approval - why?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I understand why the original post has to be approved but it's supremely annoying that any further update or reply that the news poster makes has to then be approved? I'm replying to someone on a thread about the death of a local musician and it's not going up right now. Most other times i'm trying to add press, links, relevant updates or even say 'thanks' to people's positive comments on music news for Lockah or Tuff Wax, it just seems pointless to have a discussion board where every reply I make has to be given the go ahead by a mod, which often takes hours.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

That's why the creation of a new thread is subject to approval, and rightly so in my mind. However, past this point what is the expected 'damage' of letting the person who made the thread in the first place reply? Trolling their own thread?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

When I announce a release there is a likelyhood that I'm going to want to reply to that thread with news about notable radio play, reviews, or other relevant updates. It should almost be expected really, that's why I appreciate Chris taking the time to discuss it.