aberdeen-music

Bass guitar recommendations?

Old Gold

I got a bass that I am in love with.

Now I am considering a bass amp, as I guess playing through my guitar rig is not ideal. Small/medium bass amp recommendations please? And as an aside question, are small amps any use for gigging, if required?

What did you get?

What's the amp budget?

Neepheid has one of these and it's awesome. Great wee practise amp, but it'll also hold it's own in the practise room or you can slip the head our (HURR HURR) and plug it into a house 4x10 and use it live, too. And it sounds BRAW.

xx

What did you get?

What's the amp budget?

Neepheid has one of these and it's awesome. Great wee practise amp, but it'll also hold it's own in the practise room or you can slip the head our (HURR HURR) and plug it into a house 4x10 and use it live, too. And it sounds BRAW.

xx

I remember seeing that posted at some point. Looks well specced for the price. It's a shame there isn't the same trend for vintage stylings on cheaper bass amps as there is with guitar equivalents. I'm mad for that shit.

I'm fairly awful with budgets. For example, I ended up scrapping my bass budget and getting a very cool Mex Standard Jazz:

06dc4254425111e2b5c422000a1f9a53_7.jpg

I fear I'll end up having the electricity cut off or something if I'm as frivolous with a bass amp though.

MICROVR_LG.jpg

I really dig the look of this, but I don't know if it would be much use for anything other than looking rad in the living room.

I've played through one a couple of times and both times was pleasantly surprised as to just how full the tone actually was. Thinking of getting this to replace my current set up from a packing-into-a-car point of view.

I remember seeing that posted at some point. Looks well specced for the price. It's a shame there isn't the same trend for vintage stylings on cheaper bass amps as there is with guitar equivalents. I'm mad for that shit.

It's a bit "industrial" looking, I'll grant you that, but I've never been bothered about how amps/cabs look. I only care about how they sound, with a side consideration of how (physically) heavy they are - hey, I'm not getting any younger ;) If I was bothered about looks I might have got this:

pcb410t-home.jpg

Instead of its regular, carpet covered predecessor:

zoot.jpg

Same inside, different outside. Got the old, boring looking one for a great price. I don't care that it's boring looking, it's light and it's loud. And those open handles are pure genius, don't know why they stopped using those - same grip regardless of whether it's upright, or on its back when loading into the car.

• 2 weeks later...