aberdeen-music

[Dec 5, 2012] 'Hercules Moments: Vol. 3' Sampler Launch and Christmas Party (Aberdeen)

We at Hercules Moments are proud to present our third annual sampler of top Aberdeen music. To celebrate the occasion, we're having a bit of a party with some bands and music and special surprises, and you're all invited! And since it's December, there'll be a bit of a Christmas theme too!

Playing on the night will be:

DAS MCMANUS

Power-pop-punx with attitude.

www.facebook.com/dasmcmanus

ORIENTEERING

Fresh faced instrumental post-rockers, featuring ex-members of Good Police.

www.facebook.com/orienteeringband

CARA MITCHELL

Up-and-coming singer-songwriter, who is soon to be seen on BBC Alba.

www.facebook.com/CaraMitchellMusic

[ ]

It's pronounced 'Wall' and they're a noisy two-piece influenced by bands like Lightning Bolt.

www.facebook.com/its.pronounced.Wall

HERCULES MOMENTS DJS TIL LATE

Stick around as the festivities continue late into the night.

Tunnels 2 // £4

Doors 8pm // First act 8.30pm

-------------

The 'Hercules Moments: Vol. 3' sampler will be available to download from free from the 5th December at www.herculesmoments.co.uk

Featured on the sampler are:

Marionettes, Forest Fires, Brothers Reid, Ashley Park, [ ], Orienteering, Cara Mitchell, Das McManus, Boy With Compass

I had a great time (once we got going, was bricking it beforehand). [] were awesome. So much fun. I really enjoyed Orienteering and Cara Mitchell too.

Can only echo Chris' sentiments... Really enjoyed that last night and thought that [ ], Orienteering and Cara were all on top form last night as well.

PUNX.

Cara Mitchell was incredibly good. I cannot believe she has recently turned 17. By the time she’s about 21, has her vocal style down and maybe has a band, she seems destined to be a popstar. Kind of a cross between Amber Wilson and Kate Bush in her vocal delivery. Simple songs, and not something I’d normally listen to, but a very accomplished songwriter all the same. Very impressed.

Orienteering and [] were both pretty beasting, and Das MacManus are just one of these good bands. You see them and you’re like “Hey. Good band.” But you say it in a tone of approval and while smugly nodding your head like Jeremy Clarkson. Good band. I had to leave during their set though as I wanted to go to bed. Sorree.

Cara Mitchell was pretty damn good, it's pretty hard to keep an audience's attention with just an acoustic guitar, but she has some good songs and they're not just "sing and strum" numbers.

Orienteering were very good, despite stealing Seas, Starry's schtick of tuning breaks. I especially liked the spacier songs towards the end of their set.

[ ] are [ ], top drawer noise. Nice Aphex Twin cover and snippet of "Deck the Halls" in Jetpack Dinosaur. Lovely jumpers.