aberdeen-music

sigur r

Demon Of The Fall

anyone like them?

I hear the name all the time and never gave them a second thought until yesterday I was in one-up and looking for some ambient stuff to listen to (death metal takes its toll :)) and as I was looking for the mogwai album I wanted I decided to look for sigur rs and saw an album for 7.99 (the one with no name released in 2002) I put it on my Discman and I was blown away! It has to be one of the most original albums I have heard since Ephel Duath. its split into 2 halfs (one light and the other dark) the first half sounds like Ulver and Anathema having a jam and the second half sounds like tom yorke and his mates decided to join in...If you havent heard them. Go seek them out. If you have...well done you!

Sigur ros and mogwai have actually made a split ep release' date=' but this is real hard to get[/quote']

Apparently thats not actually true. The story is some guy uploaded some songs onto a file sharing programme as Mogwai and Sigur Rs or something, but I remember reading on the Sigur Rs website and the Mogwai site that they never actually released or recorded anything together. Would of been cool if they had though!

Sigur Ros? I'm quite surprised but if you like them may i also recommend (if you don't know about them already) Godspeed You ! Black Emperor. And i've heard some good things about Ephel Duath believe it or not.

yeah i have indeed enjoyed some Godspeed, really trippy stuff :up:

you should cheak out Ephel Duath, they get called black metal but i wouldnt let that scare people off (ulver STILL get called black metal and they dont even play METAL anymore least not black metal) the singer is hardcore (if you like at the drive in this should be to your liking) the other vocalist clearly WORSHIPS tool. oh and its worth buying the cd for the picture of thier 48 year old jazz drummer \m/

Apparently thats not actually true. The story is some guy uploaded some songs onto a file sharing programme as Mogwai and Sigur Rs or something' date=' but I remember reading on the Sigur Rs website and the Mogwai site that they never actually released or recorded anything together. Would of been cool if they had though![/quote']

Yeah, that's the truth, but the mp3's are all over p2p programs. Anyways, I adore Sigur Ros, esspecially 'Aegatis Byrjun' (<<<note avatar<<<) but have hardly heard anything off 'Von'. I wasn't that impressed with 'Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do' - I know it's supposed to be ambient and everything, it's just a bit unstructered for my liking.

von's fantastic. probably a good thing it's getting rereleased' date=' as any time there's a copy on ebay it sells for some ridiculous amount. well, blah to money and hooray for downloading.

uh, you could buy it from this icelandic site for like $10

so less than a tenner really

i don't know if it'll come out in shops but i saw it advertised on amazon

the von remix album is re-released a few weeks after too

sigur ros are beautiful. if you like ambient stuff like that check out stars of the lid and (sorry if i'm spelling it wrong here) stafraonn hakon. both brilliant.

godspeed rule all though. if you like godspeed check out the sister band a silver mount zion. or for more experimental stuff set fire to flames.

Love ya too Mr Demon of the fall!

Graham, Ulver are an ace Ambientish band from Oslo, Norway.

Try www.jester-records.com and if u go to the shop you can listen to clips of Ulver's Perdition City album. The clips dont do it justice. Basically its an album to drive through a big city too, late at night. :up:

Although I disagree with Mr Officer regarding Godspeed ruling all, I do agree that A silver Mount Zion are fantastic!!!