aberdeen-music

Last gig from "The Void"

palmer_eldritch

hey everyone, this is just a last attempt to bring as many people as possible into drakes on Wednesday seeing as it's going to be our last gig here in Aberdeen. Would be nice if a few folks came along to see this. Emotions will be high and all that jazz so...

And if you don't want to come to see us, you might want to make it down for Park Attack, Otherman, and Popcorn Fiend

Hope to see some of you there

Half of us going to edinurgh to study. But we'll try to reform for a few aberdeen gigs.

Unfortunately i'm still getting told "2 weeks" every 2 weeks by bruce millers. Tho i've now been informed that the company receiving the sitar have got the paper work and so they will get it within the next day or so (which should have been yesterday), then it will take another wee while to get it up here. So not sure whether it will be on wednesday. Really, really hope so, especially since i first expected it on the 8th of June.

PS I hope to start a prog/space rock band in edinburgh, so if anyone knows anyone, do inform me. I know nothing about the Edinburgh scene right now, but from what little i've learned, i don't have much to look forward to. Anyone know anything more about this?

aw no way! my boyfriend thought the void were fantastic when we saw them ages ago!! havent been able to c them play since! we will have to try and come on wed then!!!

best of luck for the future guys!

ps i lived in Edin for a wee bit and the music scene just isnt as good as aberdeen!! but maybe i just didnt discover it properly so it could be ace!

m x

Thanks for the kind words people.

We are hoping to reform for the rare gig in aberdeen tho. Pretty keen to play the moorings again. Only played it once before, and it was probably the most enjoyable gig we've played despite the cock ups that may have occured during our set. hehe, that was a really good night as i remember!

Looking forward to seeing some of you on wed

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. I've been in Edinburgh for almost 2 weeks now, but have been without a PC for a long time, so this is the first I've seen of this thread. Thanks very much for all the compliments there :) We are going to try and get maybe a couple of 'reunion' gigs, but the future for the Void is pretty uncertain. It appears that we may be allergic to Edinburgh.

Thanks again :)

Struan.