aberdeen-music

Who's worse...?

Guest Cowboy Dan

Guest Tam o' Shantie

jesus christ, it's a tough one, I say the lost prophets just cos dave ghrol is in the foo fighters and he has done some good stuff, he's not particularly interesting or anything it's just that he gives them the mild edge you see. man i hate The Bronx

er, the lost prophets.

foo fighters have done some absolutely classic rock songs. but i didn't enjoy them live at all. they are a fine band indeed and are exceedingly good at doing big catchy rock songs that still sound good the 700th time you've heard them. and i'm not even a fan.

lost prophets on the other hand are good at what they do but have a long way to go to be in the same league as the foo fighters. don't get me wrong i'm not saying they're shit(though i don't particularly like them) but they just don't have that way with writing timeless rock songs. they do a mean rip off of adamski though...

The Foo Fighters....

Anyone who forms a band... records the second album... sacks the drummer... re-records his drum parts etc...... Hardly a band collective spirit.....

At least the Prophets have been in it since the start altogether.... first song they wrote I think was Shinobi Vs Dn. Having said that they feel that they must be "americanised" to shift units worldwide... and sadly that is deffinately the case in the modern music world.

On the flip side... i do think that "Everlong" is one of the best songs of the 90s and edges the phophets tracks.

Overall i`m still finding it amazing that people havn`t worked out how similiar the Lost Prohets are to a hybrid of Duran Duran and Faith No More - especially the new single

jesus christ' date=' it's a tough one, I say the lost prophets just cos dave ghrol is in the foo fighters and he has done some good stuff, he's not particularly interesting or anything it's just that he gives them the mild edge you see. man i hate The Bronx[/quote']

hey not only that but they've featured members of scream(franz stahl and dave grohl), no use for a name(chris shifftlet), the germs(pat smear) and sunny day real estate(nate mendel and william goldsmith). all fine bands in their respective punk sub genres.

Lost Prophets

I've always quite liked the foo fighters, but have never seen them live.

However the newer Lost Prophet's material sounds like a joke. "Burn Burn" is possibly one of the worst songs I've ever heard and that was a single? God forbid I ever hear the album.

The Foo Fighters....

Anyone who forms a band... records the second album... sacks the drummer... re-records his drum parts etc...... Hardly a band collective spirit.....

maybe he was shit? or a dick? or not fitting in with the rest of the band? or the parts just didn't work and he wouldn't acknowledge it?

i'd say that's a harsh reason to rate the lost prophets above the foo fighters. i mean the first album was a dave grohl one man band anyway and it always will be his band. sometimes bands need someone who has some focus and a drive to get a certain sound or style of song. sometimes it breaks bands up. you can't just say that all bands should be based on a collective spirit cause all bands are different.

Although it gets annoying hearing/seeing Monkeywrench, Learn To Fly etc so much, and most of their tracks are mediocre at best, the Foos still did The One, which is a fucking ace tune. And I'm still not quite fed up of All My Life yet.

However, Last Train Home is the only thing I've ever liked by the Lostprophets, and hopefully I'll get fed up of it eventually, cos other than that they're pish. And that's before I get started on the perfectly groomed look and the awful faux-American accent the guy Watkins is singing in now.

maybe he was shit? or a dick? or not fitting in with the rest of the band? or the parts just didn't work and he wouldn't acknowledge it?

i'd say that's a harsh reason to rate the lost prophets above the foo fighters. i mean the first album was a dave grohl one man band anyway and it always will be his band. sometimes bands need someone who has some focus and a drive to get a certain sound or style of song. sometimes it breaks bands up. you can't just say that all bands should be based on a collective spirit cause all bands are different.

Who knows Dave..There are many stories from Journalists / Bands / Musicians / Radio etc regarding Dave Grohl. They range in the full spectrum. Some people have described playing in the Foo Fighters as flipping burgers at McDonalds and that has come from a current member.

Anyways....

Jackson United are the support for Sugarcult. Chris from the Foo Fighters (Pat Smear's replacement) plays in them.

Lost Prophets. I find them boring and Ian Watkin's voice is whiney and irritating

I've seen the Foo Fighters live. I used to be a big fan of theirs - admittedly not so much anymore, but i still think they're a great band. A lot of good songs (plus Dave Grohl is a very funny frontman).

fuck me!!! I can't believe the foo's are in a "who's worse thread?". They rock like FOOk.I think I'll still be listening to those buggers when I'm feeding my great grand kids hard-boiled sweeties. I can't say I don't like The Prophets either' date=' coz I'm going to see 'em in Glasgow. :up:[/quote']

Yeah i agree with this man both of those bands are awesome in my opinion.

I must say the new Prophets album took a while to grow on me but now i love it.

As for the Foo's...........they fooking rule!!!!