aberdeen-music

Hockey thread

Soda Jerk

Another thing, Bruins fans saying Thornton slipped and that's how he lost the fight, Look at him in the box. He was dazed and out of it. He basically ate Scott's fist. Then people say Scott only fights guys smaller than him...Bruins had last change and matched Thornton up against him. They also have the only guy bigger than Scott in Chara...but where was he? Not fighting Scott that's for sure.

Hearing the Garden chants of "MILLER! MILLER! MILLER!" when they were winning then the pure SILENCE in the third when he dominated the net was fucking priceless.

Suppose that's a little rich coming from Bruins fans when Milan Lucic only seems to fight guys smaller than him. And he only seems to rush into guys who he has a few inches on.as well. Total fud.

I rewatched the condensed highlights just to see that 3rd period again. The Sabres commentary coverage is probably the most entertaining I've heard since getting GCL. That save Miller made in the 3rd when Boston were on a power play, and he just yells MILLEEEEEEEEEEEEEER'S DONE IT AGAIN. So good. One thing they didn't show was the fight, which is weird. Lots of fights not getting shown in condensed replays, which is rubbish.

Wings, innit

Zetterberg 5, St Louis 3. Hat trick and two assists, and the first time the Wings have scored goals in the first period this season. Still, going from 2-0 up to 3-2 down, I thought it was going to be collapse. The 5th empty net goal was intense, as it just trickled in, with 2 St Louis guys stabbing at it to try and keep it out, then Z just pokes it in whilst laid on the ice. Mega

I was just shocked at how long it took anyone who looked like they knew what they were doing to look after the goaltender.

The wife was breastfeeding in the cafe bit, and she was saying someone came in and said "should we call an ambulance?", "nah, he'll be alright". I hope someone learnt something from that debacle.

It was bad. And despite the injury, goalies should just never get hit like that. I can imagine Calum must be feeling pretty awful about it, I doubt even with how aggressive a player he is that would ever mean to cause that much of an injury, but it certainly looked very deliberate a hit and I'll be surprised if he isn't at least given a healthy suspension.

I also think it was pretty ridiculous how long it took to get someone to see to him though I also know they are best to not move him until he speaks to a medical professional. Once try realised how bad the ambulance was there in like 5 minutes which was pretty good at least.

Yes and no, as you know man he cant control himself out there at times. The red mist comes over and he loses it, only this time he could have killed someone. Its for the best for him and probably for the team in the long run. Stiil he is absolutely gutted about it all, from what he has said he thought he would hit the keep, but no where near as hard as he did, i cant stick up for him 100% but i know Calum, he never ment to do that to the guy, but the fall out from it afterwards has made his mind up. Quite a lot of unsavioury things being said to him.

At the end of the day its an amature game of hockey, people need to calm down a bit, there have been calls from folk for him to be arrested and charged over what happened.

I can understand where he's coming from but he definitely had a temper out there. It's a real shame cos at times he was the best player on the ice. Hitting the goalie like that was totally over the line though. I feel for him but can understand why he feels the need to stop. Fair play to him, takes a big man to admit you're wrong sometimes.

Hopefully that's the end of it from everyone. And a lot of the comments on facebook were by complete idiots. Which is why I stopped replying cos it was just making me angry.

Anyway, let that be the end of that...back to the NHL.

Thomas Vanek is one of the best offensive players in the league right now. Unfortunately for us, he seems to be our ONLY guy that can create offense. We need to put a bunch of wins together. Luckily there's only 2 points between 12th and 7th right now in the East but I'd rather get comfortable with a bunch of wins now than be struggling at the end.

BUF @ OTT

Fuck sake. First period killed us. Craig Anderson hadn't given up a goal in the 2nd or 3rd period and we were teh first to put 2 past him, but too late. We were trailing 4-1. Again, too many stupid decisions in our own zone. Fair enough we have 3 of our top 6 D out of the lineup but it wasn't them as much as the forwards tryign to exit the zone. Ottawa are on a roll.

Lindy Ruff's 16 year reign might have to come to an end if something doesn't happen soon.

I used to totally hate Jordin Tootoo. Now I've decided he is mint. He's a total dogshit skater, and he's a bit useless with the puck at his stick, but he's great at just charging around, bouncing off guys twice his size and putting his face in the way of punches. Seems to start fights every night and get his face messed up everytime. There was blood on the ice against the Flames last night. It was all his. Skated away from the fight laughing. Get in.

Great weekend for the Red Wings. Beat the Oilers. Beat the Champs. Wings' penalty killers have been poor so far this season, but they destroyed against the Oilers. 9 times out of 10, 5 on 3 results in a goal, but the PK unit were so good.

That Oilers game was just fantastic. Barely a single stoppage in the first period. I think that's the fastest period I've ever seen. Mustn't have been much longer than about 25 minutes in total. Oilers couldn't get into it. Immense forechecking. The Kronwall goal was a total bullet. The whole game was over pretty quick. It just didn't stop!

Tense finish to the Kings game too. It's great that they've been a bit shite this season. Kopitar is a total dude though. I like him alot.

The Datsyuk finish against the Kings was beautiful.  Floated through 3 Kings and put it high past the goalie.  Hero.

Also speaking of the Kings game I think it's the first time this season that Howard has played at close to his previous level.  He's been so average this season.

Edited by Captain America

The Datsyuk finish against the Kings was beautiful.  Floated through 3 Kings and put it high past the goalie.  Hero.

Also speaking of the Kings game I think it's the first time this season that Howard has played at close to his previous level.  He's been so average this season.

Howard's had a handful of games where's he's been immense I reckon, but some iffy ones too. That was definitely one of the better ones. Mrazek was great against the Oilers, I thought he might have played the Kings too.

Datsyuk's goal was a beaut, though he'd earned it after doing the same thing earlier but then getting smashed into the ice and losing his hat. That was a hit!

Quick has been toss this season, and the winning goal that spilled through his legs totally summed up his season so far, which is great, because I hate the Kings.

http://youtu.be/xxKzDwOUoaU

The only good thing other than Miller about last nights game against Boston was Kaleta's first fight of the season. Beat the snot out of Campbell despite not wanting to fight at all. Once he realised Campbell would be getting the extra penalty, he went to town. Cue Bruins fans complaining about him wearing a visor. If Campbell didn't want to punch a visor, why'd he instigate a fight after a clean hit by Kaleta? Idiots.