aberdeen-music

Hockey thread

Soda Jerk

Yeah, Premier have confirmed the Blackouts on their website. Looks like it's probably concrete. Dicks. I don't have and can't get Sky, so I can't get Premier, and it wouldn't be good value for me as most games are on at unmanageable times anyway. I'll mostly be watching replays the next day.

Still, people in the States use this: http://www.stealthy.co/chrome/ - Switch it on to connect to the game, then once streaming, switch it off, as it will totally slow down your download speeds apparently.

Tarasenko or whatever his name is for the Blues. Scored on his first 2 shots on goal of his career. Ouch!

Vancouver got humped as well. I'm on your so cant watch the Sabres opener from the comfort of my bed but I'm gonna try an watch it on my phone if the 13th note has decent wifi. Starts at half 5. Fuck the Flyers.

The Sabres game is on Premier Sports, so it'll be blacked out for 48 hours. Can you do proxy on a phone? That Stealthy program works a treat for Google Chrome.

Infact, GCL are just Blacking out a handful of games which Premier Sports aren't even showing. The Chicago/LA game last night was blacked out but wasn't on TV. Proxys are a necessity if you don't want Buttman and his shitty blackouts to ruin the season.

Couldn't watch the game but seen the score and all the goals. Vanek's 5 point night, Pominville 3 assists, Hodgson showed he's worth of te 1st line centre position and Ott scored in his first game as a Sabre. Awesome. Gonna watch the full game after work then stay up till midnight to watch us hump the Leafs.

Hockey is fucking great. Joe, if you don't do much on Sundays you should join us for hockey Sunday. Someone's flat, some beers and a fuck load of hockey. Ace.

Rangers and Flyers, probably billed as the top 2 teams in the East (Pens fit in there as well I guess)...both are 0-2-0 to start the season. Hmmmmm.

Barry Melrose said Wild vs Rangers then Rangers in 6 games. I disagree. Rangers and Blues with Rangers in 5. I think I said Rangers Canucks earlier, but fuck them. If they finally traded Luongo they might earn some respect.

I was just about to suggest spoilers. It's a good idea. I won't be catching too many live games due to the time difference, except those midday/afternoon faceoffs on the weekends.

The Sabres game yesterday was the only live game I've caught so far. Great game though. I haven't caught any of last nights games yet. Was there any standout games worth watching the full replay of (without mentioning any scores, obvs).

Wings in Columbus tonight. If we're lucky, we might even score a goal. Quincey is shit.

Yeah I've not seen all the Sabres game yet but I'm going to watch it after work despite seeing all the goals/score. Excitement got the better of me.

The Sabres game yesterday was a rare one. You don't get too many 12:30 EST starts but they're ideal if they happen on a Saturday or Sunday. No idea about any other games as I was in a van coming back from Glasgow till 2am and now I'm at work. UGH.

Sabres/Maple Leafs tonight. Miller doesn't like the Leafs and has a real good record against them so I'm staying up to watch it.

NHL Fans in the UK have a 48 hour before discussing "rule". Gonna have to delete/hide posts from most other hockey pages on facebook though.

Watched the Rangahs and Islanders games this wknd. Never been a huge hockey fan but as with most sports I can easily watch it. I clearly dont know enough about the various tactics and why they do certain things (putting the puck around the boards at odd times, etc) but i'm gonna make an effort to follow the NHL and learn a bit more this season. I've plumped for being an Islanders fan. They're supposedly moving to Brooklyn at some point so I look forward to seeing some games when they do. Of all the sports fans in new york, the Rangers fans are by far the most vocal. If you're knockin about town you definitely know there's a game on.