aberdeen-music

Sonic Youth

Rab

SO...who was all at Sonic Youth on Wednesday night at the Barras in Glasgow? I certainly was and t'was ace. The new stuff was really cool live, but I was hoping for more of the 'tunes' from Dirty, Sister etc. Also met Sharron (Lester Burnam) - albeit very briefly.

I spoke to Rory from One UP and he said it was the best that he`d ever seen them.. And he`s seen them 7 times.

Myslef only once.... Reading 96.... and then the Stone Roses came after.....

Oh I did see someone I recognised from One up, I don't know any of them personally though so I dunno bout names. I was suprised at how mellow some of the stuff they played was. Mind you, it was complimented by roughly 5 minutes of feedback and rambling after every song. :up:

Ah yes, I was down there with Politik posse and some of the Masamune chaps.

Wild night.

Sonic Youth were incredible, but what was with that support act - the band with the two girls? It was just tiresome after about 5 minutes.

Asides that it was amazing, there were a lot of dicks in the audience, which partially ruined it for me, but that happens at all big gigs. I love the new album, but like everyone else was hoping for some stuff off of 'Dirty' etc.

Apparently the set at 'T in the park' was better, but I was still in awe. Was my first time seeing sonic youth and I'd definately go see them again.

Barrowlands is hell on earth.

I thought the first band were awful. Ok, I listen to plenty of stuff that has noise in it, but I don't think I could seriously listen to a 'band' who got up on stage and just made white noise for half an hour. No structure, hardly music =/

I quite liked the second band though, they were mad. I don't think I stopped smiling the whole way through their set. They really put on a show and the drummer was amazing. It doesn't transpire too well on their CD though, which is a bit pish.

Still, great night.

I thought the first band were awful. Ok' date=' I listen to plenty of stuff that has noise in it, but I don't think I could seriously listen to a 'band' who got up on stage and just made white noise for half an hour. No structure, hardly music =/

I quite liked the second band though, they were mad. I don't think I stopped smiling the whole way through their set. They really put on a show and the drummer was amazing. It doesn't transpire too well on their CD though, which is a bit pish.

Still, great night.[/quote']

Try sitting through a set by Hex. Fucking terrible.

Sonic Youth were cool.

I wasn't keen on the Japanese band.

I had more fun in the hostel though, with members of Politik, Project Ven-Hell and Masamune.