aberdeen-music

Korean 335 dot

James Broonbreed

To be fair, Ronz, you are speaking more as a trader, than a player, when you say that. If I'm looking for an affordable, upgradeable guitar- and someone has already done the work- especially on a fiddly instrument, like a Hollow or Semi-Hollow body, then I might easily pay a premium for that.

I'm sure people buy guitars with a view to cannibalising them, too. A cheap purchase with a good pickup added might have a quick profit in it, for the right person.

Korean guitars are commanding a premium over similar Chinese instruments. In terms of fit and finish, the good ones can be very good indeed. I think the OP has set his price at a reasonable figure (with room to haggle?).

• Upvote 2

Of course adding good pups to a guitar affects the value! You'd sell a used set of bareknucles for anything up to and over £100 on their own. If you're selling a fucked, POS guitar that's worth £50, you'd still ask for close to £150 with a set of BKs in there! You wouldn't just throw something like that in for free (unless they pups are "different" from stock while being of moreorless the same value? Not sure if that's what you mean...?)

xx

if it's such a great guitar why are you selling it ?

Maybe he needs the cash, or the space, or has too many guitars. It's wildly inaccurate to suggest that he wouldn't be selling it if it was a good guitar. You're by far the worst tyre-kicker on this site. Everybody, please stop posting in this thread if you're not interested in the guitar. If you want to debate the merits of modded instruments and their value then start a thread in the Musician's forum and do it there.

• Upvote 1

Maybe he needs the cash, or the space, or has too many guitars. It's wildly inaccurate to suggest that he wouldn't be selling it if it was a good guitar. You're by far the worst tyre-kicker on this site. Everybody, please stop posting in this thread if you're not interested in the guitar. If you want to debate the merits of modded instruments and their value then start a thread in the Musician's forum and do it there.

I just wondered why he was selling it ???

At the risk of being told off "again" I'll respond ......I never said the guitar was shit , I just wondered why you thought it was worth so much more than a new one , I didn't realise there was such a difference between a Korean epiphone and a Chinese one ? How much did the Korean ones used to be then ?

I also wondered why you would be selling it if it is so good , sorry to hear you need the cash good luck with the sale

Finally , please don't resort to calling people names , it's very childish ...........