aberdeen-music

A couple of questions about A-B boxes (and power supplies!)

keeno

Should finally be able to complete rig later this week. Looking to run an amp in parallel with a preamp/poweramp through an A-B box and connect the output to my cab because I'm lazy and want the ease of having both setups at hand.

1) I intend to use a single 2x12 with 16ohm v30's in mono. Both amps setup for 8 Ohm load. I am fully aware that each will need a speaker load so are there any pedals that act as a dummy load when only one is connected? I don't see the cheaper ones being capable of that.

2) Can anyone recommend me one that is reasonably affordable and that doesn't have sound bleeding between the channels or ground hum? Not concerned with super fast switching at the moment as it's purely for home use but would make it easier. One is a 4watt head and the other will likely be a 3w poweramp at pretty low volumes so I am hoping that the sound bleeding won't be an issue. Say £40-£50 budget? Need to order a heap of stuff at the one time and unless some more gear sells can't really stretch any further. I can get a Radial Bigshot ABY in that range. That do the job?

If there is nothing in that budget that will suffice, will just do the old fashioned way and swap the rigs around between use, but I'd prefer the A/B box!

Also looking for a power supply capable of running a couple of pedals I want. They are both 18V. One can accept 2 9v's (otherwise 150mA). The other has a 500mA power usage. I can't buy the official power supply as nowhere seems to sell it!

Can anyone suggest an 18V dc supply that supplies at least 500mA for one of these? http://amtelectronics.com/download_file.php?download_propertys_items_id=1280

I would be asking for you to suggest a suitable power brick for powering my pedals but I really can't afford a proper isolated output one with as many outputs as I need. I'd need those two pedals, plus a tuner, tubescreamer, delay, noisegate and probably going to add a chorus to that. So if I can't find a pedal with dedicated 18v outputs I'd need nine 9V outputs and 2 of the voltage double cables for linking two outputs. Maybe also throw another OD pedal into the mix if needed which is 250mA 9V. If I am using a voltage double cable for the 18V pedals not sure how I'd fit that one in on most units. A lot seem to have very few high current outputs. Unless anyone can think of a cheap power brick that can fit in all of that and isn't too noisy, but don't think such a thing exists!

Cheers for the help!