aberdeen-music

Post yr current rig / set up

6 hours ago, Teabags said:

Think I'm gonna add in the HM-2. Not for tis distortion, but for the color mix. Gives it that extra grit I'm after.  So using the amp's gain, then dialling back the color mix a bit on the HM-2 with the distortion turned off. Sounds angry.

Yeah, that would definitely add a bit more bite to it. Kind of similar to the way I use a Tubescreamer. 

• 11 months later...

Fender Jazz bass (w/ flatwounds and retro-fitted 'snap on/off' bass mute) > Boss TU2 > Boss Bass EQ > Ampeg SVT-CL > Ampeg SVT-410HLF

Korg MS10 > Boss TU2 > PA

No pics, soz.

About to re-acquaint myself with my first ever bass guitar (Fender Precision MIM), by buying off the guy I sold to eight years ago. Welcome home, friend.

Need to have a think about perhaps a 'better' bass EQ pedal (any ideas?), because as nice as my amp is it is actually pretty difficult to get a solid sound out of. Plus an EQ pedal is very useful where I have to use someone else's amp or a house amp/stage amp at festivals etc etc. - can just zero the EQ on the amp and know what EQ works for my guitar through the pedal. ALSO it moulds the DI sound before it hits the PA rather than leaving it to chance with the FOH engineer if we haven't taken our own.

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Adam Easy Wishes said:

Fender Jazz bass (w/ flatwounds and retro-fitted 'snap on/off' bass mute) > Boss TU2 > Boss Bass EQ > Ampeg SVT-CL > Ampeg SVT-410HLF

Korg MS10 > Boss TU2 > PA

No pics, soz.

About to re-acquaint myself with my first ever bass guitar (Fender Precision MIM), by buying off the guy I sold to eight years ago. Welcome home, friend.

Need to have a think about perhaps a 'better' bass EQ pedal (any ideas?), because as nice as my amp is it is actually pretty difficult to get a solid sound out of. Plus an EQ pedal is very useful where I have to use someone else's amp or a house amp/stage amp at festivals etc etc. - can just zero the EQ on the amp and know what EQ works for my guitar through the pedal. ALSO it moulds the DI sound before it hits the PA rather than leaving it to chance with the FOH engineer if we haven't taken our own.

I use a preamp pedal for those purposes. Hartke VXL is what I have and it's great for setups where I just need to plug and play into other amps/DI into PA etc.

xx

I don't have pics but Boak setup is...
Epiphone SG (with Bareknuckle Warpig) into a TU-2, into a Bigshot ABY, which then splits..
A-Goes into a HM-2 distortion pedal then into an Orange OR50
B-Into a Funeral Party distortion pedal into...whatever bass amp is there since I haven't bought my own yet

Also have an RC3 for doing samples, though I haven't fit it into this loop yet.

Before Stories Rig, depending on setlist i'll use one or all of the guitars:

Baritone Tele:

v58zkp.jpg

Standard Tele

r8z59j.jpg

Non-reverse Firebird

30d87ig.jpg

Pedalboard:

2d1uywy.jpg

TC Polytune - Digitech Whammy Ricochet - Providence Chrono Delay - Turbo Rat - Eventide Space - Skreddy Lunar Module Deluxe 

Amps:

Usually ABY Vox Nightrain 50 + Cab with 2 x 12 eminence Swamp Thang Speakers and Ashdown 300w Bass Head (runs dry, no effects) with 15" cab - or whatever house amps there are...

Laptop running Ableton and Addictive Drums for samples/beats.

2 hours ago, James Broonbreed said:

I just won one of these off of that Ebay.

61sv3DuC+9L._SY355_.jpg

I don't have a cab for it yet, but was wondering what type of cab would be best for home use.... Probably just going to opt for the matching 2x10 eventually, but any suggestions would be crackin' derts.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/kustom_deep_end_210h.htm

I use this for my wee practice head and it does a job. Not going to win any awards, but it packs a punch and is cheap comparatively. Sounds better than a heap of 2x10s I tried in the shop, too.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2017 at 0:10 PM, Teabags said:

I don't have pics but Boak setup is...
Epiphone SG (with Bareknuckle Warpig) into a TU-2, into a Bigshot ABY, which then splits..
A-Goes into a HM-2 distortion pedal then into an Orange OR50
B-Into a Funeral Party distortion pedal into...whatever bass amp is there since I haven't bought my own yet

Also have an RC3 for doing samples, though I haven't fit it into this loop yet.

I have now added a Hartke HA3500 and a Gibson SG Special.

Guitars: LSL TBone / Gibson Les Paul Junior Single Cut/ Fender strat with a Seymour Duncan JB.

Amps: Vox AC30 & Flynn Amps JTM45 (through Marshall 1960 4x12) run at the same time to the point of breakup.

Pedals: Boss trem, boss DD7 delay, Boss CH-1 super chorus, Boss TU-3, Fulltone OCD.