aberdeen-music

Post yr current rig / set up

Sooooo, here is my current set up for Seas, Starry.

Classic Player Jazzmaster and Vox AC15.

SAM_0431-1.jpg

SAM_1077_zps7d2b3ebb.jpg

Dunlop Vol Pedal - EHX Memory Toy Delay - Diamond Quantum Leap Delay - MXR Phase 90 - Biyang Flanger - T-Rex Tremster Tremolo - Lovepedal Kalamazoo OD (PHWOAR) - Badly hand decorated North Effects Green Russian Fuzz - Wampler Pinnacle Distortion - Moeer Ana Echo

BOARD 2

SAM_1080_zps89791b17.jpg

.....Digitech Whammy - EHX Holy Grail (old skool) - MXR EQ - Digitech Jamman Solo.

Stuff

SAM_0433.jpg

Things

SAM_0628-1.jpg

• Upvote 2

That's cool. I've got a little Guyatone Fuzz that sounds like velcro made out of broken glass already. A creamy fuzz-dollop would be quite nice.

It's great fun when combined with nearly unusable amounts of delay and the Ricky. I'll see your polite jangle and raise you a WHOOMMMMMMWHOOOOOMFIZZZZZZ.

Yup, its pretty much what I use for just straight delay as I like the way it wobbles. I tend to use my DD-6 for warps and swells and my Memory Toy for the more crazy oscillating stuff. It's also called the AD-8, not the DL-8, too many delays.

Can you take your Memory Toy to the next Das practice? Would like to have a shot. Trying to decide on a new delay.

Yup, its pretty much what I use for just straight delay as I like the way it wobbles. I tend to use my DD-6 for warps and swells and my Memory Toy for the more crazy oscillating stuff. It's also called the AD-8, not the DL-8, too many delays.

I guessed that you meant the AD-8. I don't think there is such a thing as too many is there?

Guest davetherave

Thought it about time I shared my gear....

My main guitars (Fender tele with stetsbar, Jap strat, Gibson SG standard, Squier standard tele with many upgrades), ... Squier 51, Vintage LP and project tele not shown...

60138-7jn1r.jpg

Pedalboard 1, used for Punkabilly band, gigging soon :) Pog 2 split on its own channel to provide dirty organ sounds ...

60139-c8hps.jpg

Pedalboard 2 , used for more experimental stuff with Colb and Flights, also hoping to gig soon :) Looper/sampler, Octaver and bass synth signal split to bass amp...

60140-a393p.jpg

I also use one of these for experimental recording at home, its a roland VG8 virtual guitar system...

t_vg_8ex.jpg

• Upvote 2

Guest davetherave

We

I dig the authentic pan pipe sound you got out of the VG8. Take it to every practice.

We could start wearing ponchos and sport fake latin style moustaches ;)

Pedalboard 2 is a bit more versatile, your going to like the filthy bass synth and 2 octaves down sound that will flap our trouser legs :)

Guest davetherave
Chris- yeah, no problem.

Flights- I know, I actually have a Head Rush as well, but still I want more, I think I have some sort of problem. ADHD- Analogue Delay Hyperpurchasing Disorder. Probably.

You can never have too many delays :)

I think I'm going to build a distortion pedal. Not sure which one. The cheapest/simplest one I can find is an MXR+ copy. So I might have a bash at it. It'll only cost me ~£30. So i'll have that and my bass overdrive giving me screechy highs when I do some tremolo picking. Does that sound good? Tele > ODB-03 > MXR+ > a head when I have enough money to afford such luxuries.