aberdeen-music

Post yr current rig / set up

I think that twelvey formerly belonged to me. It has a great twang to it. I never got the opportunity to fire it up via a decent tube amp, though. On more than one occasion, someone approached me post-gig to say "Hey, that's a really nice rickenbacker you have there!". Idiots.

I think that twelvey formerly belonged to me. It has a great twang to it. I never got the opportunity to fire it up via a decent tube amp, though. On more than one occasion, someone approached me post-gig to say "Hey, that's a really nice rickenbacker you have there!". Idiots.

It's really nice. I had a wee shot of it and had to have it. It absolutely sings when you feed it hefty amounts of reverb and delay.

It's really nice. I had a wee shot of it and had to have it. It absolutely sings when you feed it hefty amounts of reverb and delay.

It really, really does. Nice bit of kit if it's the sort of thing one is after.

It responds brilliantly to the Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer too, especially if you want that satisfying immediate crunchy tone.

I didn't really get on with it, I was looking for a bit more jangle (Jan did warn me that it wouldn't really do that mind you) - but after hearing you two get all moist about how nice it sounds I think I want it back!

It definitely twangs rather than jangles, and I don't think I often used it clean, but it responded beautifully to digital effects pedals. I rarely used it for chordal work - almost always picking out notes or melody lines/arpeggios.

image.png

poor quality photo lifted from eBay, but I just bought this snare drum. It's a 30-ply (count 'em) Hollow Body 13 x 5 custom snare. Not sure who makes/made it. Black lugs (obviously) and the snare strainer is made from some cute red ribbon stuff - awwww!

The hollow body gives the snare a pretty cool 'reverb' sound which I'm excited to wrap my head around when it arrives. All finished in an outer shell of Zebra Wood finish. Lovely!