aberdeen-music

Death, gloom and doom thread...

jester1470

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of my highlights from this year was the Alisdair Roberts gig at the lemon tree. Especially when all the hardcore folkies walked out in disgust because he didn't have a fiddle or something. Dave scaring Mr Roberts afterwards with his fandom was quit funny as well.

Another highlight is readiing this thread and discovering Alisdair Roberts has a new album in the works. Wooo.

It was at Delicate AWOL's studio near Huntly.....a session for Alasdair Roberts' next album' date=' which Will Oldham was producing (he and Ali are in Amalgamated Sons of Rest together). Isabel from Belle & Sebastian was also involved. I met most of them for lunch, but only spoke to Will very briefly at the station. Philip can tell you more......

I was half-expecting them to turn up at Drakes for the Hooker's Green, Kathryn Sawers etc gig, but they didn't.[/quote']

i think i wouldve cried if theyd come to that gig. actually cried. blood.

Well, the very first time I played live, in 2003, I was told Bryan Ferry was coming to Drakes (he was staying with Marc Ellington, the Laird of wherever it is, who came down with his entourage). Fortunately for me Mr Ferry took ill (and had to cancel his Music Hall gig). I would have had a struggle not doing a bad cover of 'In every dream home a heartache' :up:

tlts is the saddest album they ever did

they are brilliant but after i heard three songs from the new album ive lost interest

yeah id prob say that turn loose the swans is their best album. i gotta tell you tho S.O.D.W.O.L is a great album. infact i think "my wine in silence" is the best my dying bride song since "for you"

• 1 year later...

1. Everything in it's right place - Radiohead ..... it would have to be a painless death (suicide pill), lying in bed, and hopefully I would go just as that song finished. That would be nice....

2. A Day in the life - Beatles .... if I died in a car crash

3. Everybody in the place - Prodigy .... If I could dance like Leeroy in the video to this, I would...