aberdeen-music

Lames to Fame

ca_gere

Michaela Strachan got about, didn't she? She awarded the trophy to the winner of our schools 6-a-side comp in York when I was 11. We came second and she signed the cap and t-shirts we were all given to play in.

It was shite. The rules were that you had to have at least 2 girls in the team. No girls showed up for the trials, so some girls were forced to turn up on the day, and were utter shit. We would have won if it wasn't for Big fat Kayleigh scoring an own goal past me.

• Upvote 3

amazing. I wonder if she is aware of the bitterness she caused.

Probably. All the boys hated her after that. We were the best team there except for the shithouse girls. We had Dean Twiby at our school! He went on to play for Scunthorpe United when he left highschool, so he pretty much got us to the final by himself. Well, him and my safe hands, obviously.

Once at Edinburgh Airport I almost bumped into Noel Gallagher when moving from security to departures. We then stood looking at the screens for a few moments side by side.

Shortly afterwards on this day of lame I was at a bar passing the time watching the wimbledon final when suddenly all the celtic squad turned up. They didn't seem to know anything about the tennis and Charlie Mulgrew was talking abotu 50 shades of grey.

I also saw Neil Lennon but he was sitting in a different part of the airport. Alone. Because no one likes him.

Oh talking of airports. Rhod Gilbert was on the same flight to Nice as me last year and stood beside me at the baggage reclaim for ages while I waited for my suitcase not to arrive. I even thought of something that might actually have made him laugh but I chose not to say anything and he'll forever go through life unable to recount the story of the funny Scottish guy who told him a brilliant one liner in Nice airport.

Oh talking of airports. Rhod Gilbert was on the same flight to Nice as me last year and stood beside me at the baggage reclaim for ages while I waited for my suitcase not to arrive. I even thought of something that might actually have made him laugh but I chose not to say anything and he'll forever go through life unable to recount the story of the funny Scottish guy who told him a brilliant one liner in Nice airport.

come on then, what was it?

Oh, I took money off Chris Harvey the presenter of Norse Tonight when he came to see Magrudergrind and Yacopsae.

Chris Harvey rules.

Word. I did some work experience at STV this month and he bought me a coffee when we were out filming something at Union Square. Claim to fame or lame to fame?

I once held open a door for Simon Callow in a Waterstone's in London. I don't think he said thanks. Bastard.

David Mitchell and Victoria Coren sat behind us at a show at the Fringe last year. At one point Coren fell asleep on his shoulder.

My sister once accidentally hit Konnie Huq with a coin. She (sister) also nearly killed Kiefer Sutherland by mistake. Clumsy.