aberdeen-music

Lames to Fame

ca_gere

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Got my photo taken with Kirk Brandon from Spear of Destiny at The Moorings the other week. He wasn't that friendly tbh. Was MUCH more friendly to the lasses that approached him just after.

Got thrown about the Stonehaven Town Hall stage by judo master Brian Jacks as a child. Forgot to bow to him afterwards like you were supposed to. Hud 'at, ye curly dick.

Got a signed topless postcard of Page 3 legend Maria Whittaker after she was roped into attending a night at the Commodore Hotel in Stonehaven (RIP). I remember her being very tiny and dressed like she was just out of bed. Still got it, affixed to the door of my dart board cabinet, max. LADZ points.

Had a piss next to Shutty from Terrorvision in the Mudd Club after seeing them at the Music Hall and broke all etiquette by asking him why he had dyed his hair blue. Got my ticket signed by all band members, which I still have. Luckily caught Tony Wright before he was on his knees holding himself up with the stage.

Went to see PJ Harvey at the Barrowlands circa 2001, met her in the hotel lobby the next morning and got her to sign my ticket, which I still have. That was cool though.

Spotted Neil Lennon in a bar on Byres Road before going to see Dirty Three last year. Got my photo taken with him to send to a couple of Celtic daft mates.

I'd forgotten about this thread. Just read it from the start and it's still hilarious.

My latest lame to fame is that I panicked, not knowing what to say and over-enthusiastically half-shouted "Brilliant!" at Kevin Spacey in the main lobby of the National Museum in Edinburgh. Like a theatre critic in an old film.

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

I once scored a goal in front of Eoin Jess.

Patsy Kensit refused to sign an autograph for me.

Carl Kennedy from Neighbours watched my band at Moshulu.

I met Brian Irvine in the church at New Deer when I was a kid.  Nothing lame about that - Brian Irvine is a footballing legend.