aberdeen-music

[Dec 11, 2012] BIRDS IN ROW, PRELUDE TO THE HUNT AND MORE @ TUNNELS (Aberdeen)

Guest E.C

image.png

BLACK LAKE RECORDS PROUDLY PRESENTS:

BIRDS IN ROW (fra)

having recently released their second full-length 'You, Me & the Violence' through Deathwish Inc (USA), things are really hotting up for Laval, France's Birds in Row. Their first UK tour was back in 2011 with PUNCH and Loma Prieta, but this will be their first time in the Granite City. Blending balls-to-the-wall hardcore with some utterly gut-wrenchingly passionate moments, they're really a force to be reckoned with.

'Pilori' music video:

PRELUDE TO THE HUNT (abz)

aberdeen's very own sludge punks. first local show since Wake the Deen back in August - fast/heavy/loud on Bitter North Records.

Black Sea of Trees demo mix:

http://preludetothehunt.bandcamp.com/

+ MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED.

TUESDAY DECEMBER 11TH - DOORS 7:30PM - ENTRY: £6.66 (no change given)

• 1 month later...

16089_10151257021493291_285259599_n.jpg

new poster. details are as follows:

BLACK LAKE RECORDS PROUDLY PRESENTS:

BIRDS IN ROW (fra)

having recently released their second full-length 'You, Me & the Violence' through Deathwish Inc (USA), things are really hotting up for Laval, France's Birds in Row. Their first UK tour was back in 2011 with PUNCH and Loma Prieta, but this will be their first time in the Granite City. Blending balls-to-the-wall hardcore with some utterly gut-wrenchingly passionate moments, they're really a force to be reckoned with.

'Pilori' music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ZQoVFm3lc

PRELUDE TO THE HUNT (abz)

aberdeen's very own sludge punks. first local show since Wake the Deen back in August - fast/heavy/loud on Bitter North Records.

Black Sea of Trees demo mix: http://preludetothehunt.bandcamp.com/

ABSOLUTIST

their latest LP 'Ave' has recently been released through Swarm of Nails and Suburban Mayhem, and I cannot stop listening to it. crust/sludge with some sweet groove from Aberdeen/Ireland. reminds me of bands like Perth Express and Young and In The Way. crackin'.

http://absolutist.bandcamp.com/

TUESDAY DECEMBER 11TH - DOORS 7:30PM - ENTRY: £6 - THERE WILL BE A BLACK LAKE DISTRO AT THIS SHOW.

The Hope Conspiracy played Tunnels in 2005 or so, and Rise and Fall have been up at least twice.

Blacklisted played with Terror at Moshulu ages ago too.

Consider me pwnd. This is ONE WEEK today!

This was my favourite gig I've seen in Aberdeen since the Taint/Manatees show. It was the first time I've seen Prelude, and they were excellent. Scott's tone was monstrous.

I've seen Sunset Squad before but didn't remember them being that good. The guitar playing was superb. Great band.

Birds in Row were mint. It felt like it was over so quickly as they just hammered through all their songs without stopping, but they killed it. It's great to see a band play as hard as that. Serious tone too. Ricky into a Model T and a Plexi. Fuck sake.

And selling Deathwish LP's for a tenner? Great!

Hadn't heard Birds in Row before. Now a fan. Great stuff. Merch stand 'pay what you want' was a first for me. I gave a tenner per item. CD, vinyl and tee. Hope that seems fair.

Prelude are beasting live, hope their new recordings manage to capture that.

Was a bit undecided on other bands, especially the first one, not really a listener to that vein of punk anymore but it seemed a decent enough take on it.