aberdeen-music

My new radio show

Tomorrow between 6-8 our guests on the show will be Hjearts! We might play an exclusive new track, as well as the latest and greatest tracks from the likes of Chvrches, FIDLAR, James Blake, Marionettes and more! Our regular features covering a chosen independent label, as well as an underground subgenre will return, as will 'Shit lyric of the week'! Tune in at www.aberdeenstudentradio.com

hi there,

the carousels are from Keith, the latest LP is here

http://soundcloud.com/thecarousels/sets/sweet-northern-light-1/

bio here

http://www.northernstarrecords.com/node/148

would be brilliant if you could play a track, if you reply with an email i can send across mp3s.

cheers

I'm actually vibing this, only just got around to it recently. Any shows coming up?

Listen here you stupid fucking freaks, my show is on in 12 minutes. The theme of todays show is 'Black Flag? More like whack flag!'. So tune in or remain in perpetual virginity lockdown. PEEEAAACCCE X

• 3 weeks later...

We've been told not to record the podcasts as it violates licensing laws. I will, therefore, be recording the next show in some format. Anyone got any suggestions of software that can do it easily?

We've been told not to record the podcasts as it violates licensing laws. I will, therefore, be recording the next show in some format. Anyone got any suggestions of software that can do it easily?

What type of licenses does the station have from PRS?  As you're already streaming the shows would it be a Limited Online Music Licence (http://www.prsformusic.com/users/broadcastandonline/onlinemobile/MusicServices/LOML/Pages/LOML.aspx)?  If so that licence includes Podcasting so you might already be covered.  Would be worth finding out for definite what licences the station has.

for some reason i'm on the show this Friday night talking about daemons stuff.  you can listen in if you like.

The reason is because we want you on, you're awesome live, and it'll be a really interesting interview with a non-conventional artist!

We're on between 6-8. David will be getting his interview on the second half of the show.

Positive rep given if you can work in the phrase 'Cool Thinker' at some point during the broadcast

Lol! Didn't see this, consider it done for next week.

Nef's mic sounds like it's on the other side of the room from him. Noticed the same last week.

Yeah I've heard this from other people. Checked my levels so it was a mic problem, i think I managed to fix it for the second half of the show.

We now have a Facebook page!!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Noise/283947491734518

Please give us a like if it seems like your sort of thing, or if we've supported yer band before. The show is really going from strength to strength now, our listnership has more than doubled, so the more support the better.

We cover local gigs and play local music every show to some extent, but this friday will be an aberdeen special, The best Aberdeen bands going at the moment will be all we play outside of our Indie Label of the Week and Genre of the week feature. The label we cover might even be an Aberdeen label...

So yeah, thanks to any of you who have been listening or coming on, so please keep supporting us!

HEY GUYS

It's the Aberdeen special today, so only abz acts getting airtime. We have Giles Walker/Cobbes and the boys from [ ] as our guests, TUFF WAX will be label of the week and we'll playing 'Shit lyric of the week' as well,

Just to give you a taste of the bands we'll be playing here's some of the playlist: Lockah, Fonik, Marionettes,Carson Wells, NEW Min Diesel and NEW TAM and Cats in Capes. 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Noise/283947491734518?fref=ts

I'm assuming because the equipment available at a University Student Radio studio isn't high-end enough to entirely avoid that situation and staffing limitations which again, im assuming, don't allow for a dedicated producer don't help matters either.

It was entirely listenable and enjoyable.

I'm assuming because the equipment available at a University Student Radio studio isn't high-end enough to entirely avoid that situation and staffing limitations which again, im assuming, don't allow for a dedicated producer don't help matters either.

It was entirely listenable and enjoyable.

Aye, this is the first time I've listened to it. What with all the reminders on facebook. was nae bad, liked hearing wall chat. cupboard problem probably just adds to the charm I suppose. i'm out of the demographic anyhows.

We only have two mic's and my one is always fucked. Always. Now and forever. Thanks for listening though, guys, really appreciate it! And I'll reign in those reminders from now on, haha.

• 4 weeks later...