aberdeen-music

My new radio show

Well, just confirmed this afternoon; my new radio show 'New Noise' will begin, Mondays from 4-5. I'll be having guests in, talking about the latest in 'alternative'music (cringe tag I know) news, and spinning tracks from new and emerging artists as well as local musicians that I'm into, or just stuff people might not have heard before. It's on Aberdeen Student-Radio and I hope you all tune in online!

Also, if any of you have tracks you want me to play, email me a download link and a bit about your band and if I like it, I'll chuck it on. If I REAAAALLLY like it, I'll invite you on as a guest :)

How do I make a podcast? I'm not sure we can do that in the studio. If so, I don't know how.

I'm not sure it'll fill the void left by Sangster as it's not exclusively Aberdeen artists, but out of the 12 or so tracks I played, about 4-5 were local.

How do I make a podcast? I'm not sure we can do that in the studio. If so, I don't know how.

I'm not sure it'll fill the void left by Sangster as it's not exclusively Aberdeen artists, but out of the 12 or so tracks I played, about 4-5 were local.

I recall one of my friends keeping a recording of him playing on ASR. Just a case of recording the show and putting it on Soundcloud or something.

RIGHT

I'm on today from 4-5 on www.aberdeenstudentradio.com . It's my new show 'New Noise' featuring the best in local and international bands. Moose, from these forums, (Dallas from Carson Wells) will be in today getting interviewed by yours handsomely, and we'll be playing the new Dirtdrinker and DasMcManus. Hope you can tune in guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Website is getting updated in the next day or so, and in up and coming weeks my mini-page on the site will have archived podcasts available. So you'll all be able to download and listen to the show if you so chose!

Guests on today's show will be at least 1/5 of Marionettes. And I'll be spinning some Carson Wells too, seeing as they have a new album out!

www.aberdeenstudentradio.org

Thanks very much, man!!! It's very much appreciated, although last week I had a mare and this week there was a power outage.

That could very well be Genesis by Grimes. Either that or Forgetting and Learning Again by Lapalux.

If anyone listening likes what they hear, just drop me a line and I can let you know the playlist and where to find the cheapest DL's, although a lot of the stuff is available free and legally.

hey guys. Just a wee update on things...

Servers are fucked and have been for the last week, but it's looking like we're getting an efficient (and pricey!) replacement part either today or tomorrow from Synergy. The show should hopefully be back on air by next week.

To re-iterate my earlier point, if you know of a good local band or any type of relatively new music that you think needs coverage, drop me an email at cmscott91@gmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

So GOOD NEWS: My show New Noise is back on air tomorrow after an absence of about six weeks! My guests will be Euan and Connor from everythingwesayisfact, and there'll be information on the Christmas special, featuring a ticket giveaway to the Marionettes Xmas Party featuring Min Diesel and of course Marionettes! Also, our head of music Alan Henderson will be in to talk about his track of the week. Listen in tomorrow from 4-5 on www.aberdeenstudentradio.org (also available on iPhone and Android (I think))

Should be a great show with lots of awesome Aberdeen bands you may not have heard plus awesome international acts etc etc. I'm on twitter as well with @NewNoise_ASR

So today is the Christmas special!!! Featuring our head of Music's track of the week, interviews with Min Diesel (David Warden) and Marionettes (Derek and possibly Paddy) and a ticket giveaway to their Xmas party on the 22nd of December at Cellar 35. Should be pretty fun and we'll be playing some okay festive songs as well as the usual sort of thing.

If you want to enter into the competition for 2 tickets to the show, just leave a message on my twitter or on here with what musical-related thing you're wanting for Christmas this year.

You should win an award as the 100th person to crack that joke to me today! ;)

Also, scrap the music-related present question: just leave me your name if you want into the draw, this isn't mastermind.

• 1 month later...

Tomorrow my radio show 'New Noise' is back on Aberdeen Student-Radio, this time with a two-hour 6-8pm slot. I'll be welcoming two new additions to the 'team': Euan L Davidson and Siobhan Hewison. Also, we'll have Derek and Daryl from Marionettes to premiere their brand new single!!! World exclusive. So tune in and let gear you up for a weekend of drug-taking and indiscriminate fucking.

We're on a bit later to accommodate for the people who have jobs so if some of youse tuned in, or just chucked it on in the background, it'd be very much appreciated! There'll be tracks from Hjearts, Carson Wells, Dinosaur Pile-up, Souleance, JT and other awesome stuff.

www.aberdeenstudentradio.com

On it today, first show of the year. Lots of lovely features, including a wee bit on a different independent label each week, a new genre every week, and SHIT LYRIC OF THE WEEK. Prizes etc, yadayada. I changed my time so that people coming to me, screeching 'but we work, we have a job' can now listen as it's after 5.

On it today, first show of the year. Lots of lovely features, including a wee bit on a different independent label each week, a new genre every week, and SHIT LYRIC OF THE WEEK. Prizes etc, yadayada. I changed my time so that people coming to me, screeching 'but we work, we have a job' can now listen as it's after 5.

I never kept up to date because it was on during the day, but I'm very interested now. Will you be uploading it later like podcast?