aberdeen-music

Das McManus - You Can't Fight the Magic

TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

Top work guys, as I alluded to I am delighted to be listening to a recording where I can actually hear the bass (last time I got recorded I got a bit buried in the mix, despite my protestations, grr). Some cracking playing going on there. It's been on heavy rotation yesterday and today.

You should all be proud of this.

Great stuff Jan and friends. 90s revivalist Aberdeen gig should happen in the new year ;-)

I explicity sent my girlfriend to 1-UP on Sunday to pick up the new Band of Horses album and a copy of Das McManus. She was denied due to lack of stock. Shame, because this is better than the new BoH!

• 1 month later...

I hate to bring my poo poo party to the thread but I'm not a huge fan of the vocals. Lacks something for me - doesn't quite sound like a strong lead singer is driving the song.

Everything else is absolutely excellent though. Like really really good. Enjoyed each track immensely, but I think the vocals aren't quite up to the mark of the rest.

Don't hate me.