aberdeen-music

MISSING GUITAR AFTER FRIDGE MAGNETS GIG AT DRUMMONDS LAST NIGHT

Winnie

It is your responsibility, but as Drummonds is gaining quite the reputation for being the place where equipment gets nicked from, it would be in the best interests of both the bands and the venue for them to provide somewhere a bit more secure to store gear when you're off stage - rather than the current system of just having to leave it at your table or lying at the front of the stage. It's no wonder stuff goes missing. Moorings, Tunnels etc all manage it, so I don't know why Drummonds can't take a bit of responsibility for the bands who are helping get customers through their doors.

Aye... fair point.

Yeah why you would ever spend hundreds of pounds on fancy gear, then leave it lying unattended in a public place is beyond me. Drummonds has been known for this over the years, even when they let bands use the downstairs bit, i wouldnt leave my pint on a table in that place without fear of it being stolen, never mind any of my drum gear.

Moral has to be for everyone, and not just for Drummonds, if you dont drive and plan on getting pissed after a set, make sure you have some where to put your gear, never ever ever leave it lying.

Unfortunately, pikey's looking to steal something do exist. It would be nice if that wasn't the case, but life isn't ideal. Just think how many drug fixes could be had from flogging something like a 335 or an LP standard. Theft isn't confined to musical instruments. Be cautious, especially with easily carried expensive gear.

Unfortunately, pikey's looking to steal something do exist. It would be nice if that wasn't the case, but life isn't ideal. Just think how many drug fixes could be had from flogging something like a 335 or an LP standard. Theft isn't confined to musical instruments. Be cautious, especially with easily carried expensive gear.

I'd doubt the minks know how much stuff is worth. It probably gets sold for an ounce and a blowie.