aberdeen-music

MISSING GUITAR AFTER FRIDGE MAGNETS GIG AT DRUMMONDS LAST NIGHT

Winnie

Unfortunately after the gig last night at Cafe Drummonds one of our guitars went missing. It was an IBANEZ ARTCORE HOLLOWBODY which was in a Black Gator Hardcase. If you know anyone who may have taken it by mistake or if you hear anyone who may have it please let me know, as obv Laurie will be gutted if we can't retrieve it.

Any hep would be grateful.

Cheers

winnie

Seeing as it's a music venue, and to prevent a poor rep, shouldn't there be a locked area for this kind of stuff? To be opened be staff only?

Why would they get a bad reputation? as you say, its a music venue and the security of your property is your responsibility. But this theft has been committed by someone from the music scene, of that I have no doubt and thats just despicable.

Why would they get a bad reputation? as you say, its a music venue and the security of your property is your responsibility. But this theft has been committed by someone from the music scene, of that I have no doubt and thats just despicable.

It is your responsibility, but as Drummonds is gaining quite the reputation for being the place where equipment gets nicked from, it would be in the best interests of both the bands and the venue for them to provide somewhere a bit more secure to store gear when you're off stage - rather than the current system of just having to leave it at your table or lying at the front of the stage. It's no wonder stuff goes missing. Moorings, Tunnels etc all manage it, so I don't know why Drummonds can't take a bit of responsibility for the bands who are helping get customers through their doors.

But this theft has been committed by someone from the music scene, of that I have no doubt and thats just despicable.

How can you be sure of that? The amount of jakey cunts that appear in drummonds would make it more likely to be one of them unless you know something not mentioned on this thread?

• Upvote 2

I don't wanna cast any aspersions here, but IF there's a staff member who decides they can make a few quid on the fly by stealing gear, then leaving it in the stairwell would mean they could dump it out the back door and text someone to come collect it. TBH it wouldn't need to be a staff member to do that, but it'd certainly be less suspicious to see a bar-person walking in and out of the stairwell.

I don't think that's what happened here, nor do I have any reason to think it may have happened in the past, the staff there have always been decent to me, only dickheads I've encountered have been jakey bastard punters. That being said, knowing how easy that'd be to do, whenever I play at Drummonds, I keep my gear in sight at all times. I leave the guitar onstage between soundcheck and playing and take it away with me when I'm done, dump it in the car and then go back for the rest of the night. The car might not be much more secure, but it has insurance!

xx