aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Now this I just plain don't get.  Why would people get angry and why should you have to make excuses for your preferences?  You don't like cheese.  Big whoop.  All the more for me.

Exactly! It's like people who vocally oppose equal marriage, despite it having no affect on them whatsoever. I am aware that a more appropriate analogy would have been people who get pissy about vegans ("but where do you get your protein?!"), but I really wanted to equate these weirdo moaners to homophobes.

I used to be really fussy when I was pretty young and my diet mainly consisted of bread, plain crackers and chips and people just sort of accepted that, but they go batshit if they learn I don't like cheese. It's the only thing food-thing I've had that has ever caused genuine outrage. People are mental.

Edited by kirsten

Being somewhat familiar with student plagiarists, I anticipate the following excuses:

1. They published the wrong version.  Those were just my notes.

2. My mum's not been well lately, so I was driven to copying.

3. I got a friend to write it and they plagiarised.

Seems like a total Raj Persaud to me though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raj_Persaud#Plagiarism

• Upvote 1

Being, as I am, relatively knowledgable of academic copycats, I foresee, henceforth, these rationales.

a. They distributed the incorrect edition. Those were merely my jottings.

b. My dad's been feeling poorly recently, therefore plagiarizing was a last resort.

c. I employed the help of an acquaintance and they copied.

• Upvote 7

Being, as I am, relatively knowledgable of academic copycats, I foresee, henceforth, these rationales.

a. They distributed the incorrect edition. Those were merely my jottings.

b. My dad's been feeling poorly recently, therefore plagiarizing was a last resort.

c. I employed the help of an acquaintance and they copied. (Mr Owl PhD 2013)

Fixed that for you.

Edited by Mr Owl PhD
  • Upvote 2

Not even sure why she was still submitting articles?  Fair enough when she lived in Aberdeen and had something to do with the area, but she's been gone for ages now.  Must try harder, P&J.

The peej isn't just for the Aberdeen area though, it covers the whole of the Highlands, which probably includes Perth, also with DC Thompson (sp) running it, I wouldn't be surprised if more contributors were in the Dundee area.