aberdeen-music

Board Games

framheim

Scorge household Monopoly was played to the book until we came into a second set, then it turned into pretend hyper-capitalism gone mad: double the starting money along with the free parking bounty, and then an 'unlimited hotels' rule which once saw a roll on Mayfair cost £12000. Ooof.

Anyone remember the Crystal Maze board game? That was the absolute tits.....

Backgammon! Granted its only for 2 players, but you can play double matches, or a chouette match (1 vs everyone else, in a winner stays on format, never tried it/understood it). How anyone can play monopoly longer than 15 minutes is beyond me, but I've been kicked out of several bars for not finishing an all too important game of BG before closing time...get a few boards and play a shoot out format playing down to a winner, everyone whos out is in charge of keeping the beers poured and crisps/dip replenished....

v111602z-backgammon-set.jpg

Just bought Gloom and played it for the first time last night. 4 hours of my life disappeared.

Just had 2 players last night and looking forward to getting more involved next time.

http://www.atlas-games.com/product_tables/AG1250.php

that looks great. added to my ever growing wishlist now. this could become an expensive pastime.

that looks great. added to my ever growing wishlist now. this could become an expensive pastime.

Have you seen a youtube show on board games similar to these. Might give you some good ideas. It's hosted by Will Wheaton but don't let that put you off.

I recently bought Ticket to Ride which is a good fun game for people of any ages.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Days-of-Wonder-DOW-7201/dp/0975277324/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347538250&sr=8-2

Have you seen a youtube show on board games similar to these. Might give you some good ideas. It's hosted by Will Wheaton but don't let that put you off.

I recently bought Ticket to Ride which is a good fun game for people of any ages.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Days-of-Wonder-DOW-7201/dp/0975277324/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347538250&sr=8-2

big-bang-theory-wheaton-scream-sheldon.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a board game but worthy of a mention. Just had our first game of Fiasco! the other night and it's amazing.

If you and your friends enjoy roleplay games/like film noir/are bad actors/like a laugh/want to excercise creativity, then this is the game for you.

We recorded it as a podcast too.....link at the bottom of this post.

Yeah, that was a cheap plug but this game is truly amazing.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...