aberdeen-music

Board Games

framheim

I posted this on facebook last night and got a decent response so thought I'd expand it to here. I fancy having a board game night with some friends and wanted some recommendations of different games. What ones are worth picking up?

These are the ones I'm looking at so far:

Munchkin Deluxe

Game of Thrones Board Game

Cosmic Encounter

Articulate

Balderdash

Settlers of Catan

I almost punched my wife in the face in front of her parents because of that game. So much win.

xx

I almost got in a fight with my ex's dad over Buzz on the Playstation. I'm the fucking king of Buzz and I play to win. It's not my fault the old cunt has bad eyesight and can't read fast enough. Everyone else is like "You have to give him a chance!" when he was out of the room and I'm like FUCK HIM AND FUCK YOU.

Never did like that guy.

• Upvote 5

Well you ideally want to use a foreign board, just to spice things up a bit. It's pretty much the same as the normal version but with a few excellent additions:

1. When a player's in jail, his shit's for sale - If you're jailed, every property you own is for sale if someone lands on it, at face value. If the property has houses or hotels, you can buy it for whatever it would cost to buy the place and put a house/hotel whatever on it. Half of the money goes to the owner adn the rest goes to the Free Parking pile

2. Everything's a fine - every Community/Chance card which has a financial value on it is a fine. You add that amount to the Free Parking pile

3. Get our of jail free cards send you to jail. The only way out is rolling a double or the three rolls and pay.

Those are the basic amendments. Also, you need to wrink a whole bottle of whisky each while you play. You don't need to but it helps. What also helps is coming up with amusing names for the different notes (this is why foreign boards are a bonus) such as OFM (Orange Fucking Money).

• Upvote 3

I've never heard of a Free Parking rule. When I played it with my family it was the square on which nothing ever happened.

Whenever you pay fines from Community Chest or Chance it all goes on the middle of the board and whoever lands on Free Parking scoops it.

I also play that if you land ON Go you get £400 instead of £200.