aberdeen-music

Very sad news

Alan Cynic

I always enjoyed seeing what his latest purchases were in the ‘What CD’s have You Been Buying?’ thread, hopefully his obviously treasured collection finds it’s way to someone who will appreciate it as much....

Very sad news and a little surreal to think he won't be posting anymore.

I'd echo this - I tried to check out a lot of stuff he posted in that thread and I think he was/is unmatched in such varied and interesting recommendations.

Free tibet music posts always caught my eye. An example of the eclectic mix below. cracking.

Lipps Inc ~ Funkytown 7"

Funkadelic ~ One Nation Under a Groove Pts 1&2 7"

Meri Wilson ~ The Telephone Man 7"

Blancmange ~ Living On The Ceiling 7"

The Vapors ~ Turning Japanese 7"

Sex Pistols ~ No One Is Innocent/My Way 7"

Errors ~ Have Some Faith In Magic 2LP

Been painting my house the last few days, so had a lot of time with my thoughts. And I'm still really sad about this. Going out on a limb, I'd say Dave was the single greatest supporter of Interesting Music - certainly since I've been involved for the last 6 or so years. He was pretty much at every gig. And not just ours. Such a great supporter of the local music scene, an enthusiastic and talented member within it, and a lovely and personable chap as well. We've lost a good one. RIP Dave x

Its gratyfying that everyone has added their words above, for info

"David's funeral will take place at Aberdeen Crematorium this Friday at 10.25am"

There will be quite a lot of his friends & music friends attending; if anyone from Aberdeen Music feels they want to attend please do so

you will be among friends paying respect to a brave & positive person who will be missed a lot

• 2 weeks later...